Interested in working with a dynamic, growing company? Are you organized, enjoy a fast-paced environment and like to work as part of a team? Do you love cheese?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then read on.
Owned by the Giacomini family Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company (PRFC) is known for its award-winning artisan cheese produced right on the farm where the cows are raised. PRFC offers a truly unique work environment -- and one where the employees work hard, have fun and enjoy a lot of very special (and delicious) benefits.
As a Packaging Lead, the expectation is to execute, support and coordinate goals set out by the Plant Manager for the Packaging Department. This will include allocating resources to inventory management and leadership in regard to the administration and training efforts of the packaging team. At PRFC we follow good manufacturing practices and train the department with the company procedures and safety protocols. This position requires having a can-do attitude and finding a way to get it done.
• Enhance and improve efficiencies in the Packaging Department
• Oversee packaging staff (10 +people) for productivity goals
• Assist in coordinating product by SKU with daily and weekly schedules
• Understanding or working knowledge of equipment, able to take appropriate action towards troubleshooting
• Responsible for inventory management
• Responsible for weekly inventory reconciliation
• Assist in monthly physical inventory of finished cooler
• Assist in monthly physical inventory of all packaging materials (dry goods)
• Daily recording of traceability log
• Monitor all quality check points in productions of packaging department, including label machine and scale for traceability and all labeling on products in general
• Administer all employee training in the packaging room
• Train packaging room employee’s SOP’s on each job and equipment
• Safety training with Packaging room
• Expectations to be working in the room periodically throughout the day for support and leadership
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Excellent Customer Service Skills (Internally & Externally)
• Strong leadership and Strategic thinking
• Problem solving/Analysis
• Decision Making
• Teamwork and Collaboration
• Time Management
• Mechanical knowledge of machinery
• Working knowledge of PCs, MS Windows, and MS Office is a must and 10key by touch
• Flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to learn and execute a wide variety of tasks
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to follow precise written and verbal instructions
• Demonstrated accuracy thoroughness and displays strong attention to detail.
• Experience in food manufacturing is required
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Forklift Experience
• Cleaning and sanitation experience and/or coursework to keep up on current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
• Accepts flexible working schedule which can include weekends
• Ability to track and report lots and weights
Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Full benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, FSA, and 401K with company match.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
DOE + Comprehensive Benefits Package