The Bizzell Group, one of the fastest-growing companies in America, is seeking a Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP) Resident Advisor to serve as the point person and assist the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) in the Democratic Republic of Congo ( DRC) with strengthening host country capabilities to address public health surveillance and epidemiology-related priorities related to global health security and infectious disease responses (COVID-19, Ebola virus disease, etc.). The position is based in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Liaise with all CDC branches, as well as USG agencies, including USAID, and other stakeholders, such as the Ministry of Health, regional and global epidemiological networks, and CDC implementing partners to coordinate workforce development activities in-country
- Provide oversight of FETP and AFENET Corps of Disease Detectives (ACoDD) field activities, including outbreak preparedness and response; surveillance system implementation and strengthening data management, analysis, and reporting; training, supervision, and mentorship; monitoring and evaluation, etc.
- Review COVID-19 related projects and work conducted by FETP residents and graduates for scientific quality and appropriateness, and ensure that all projects receive appropriate ethical approvals and CDC clearances
- Create materials, talking points, and reports in support of CDC staff (U.S. Direct Hire and Locally Employed Staff) providing technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and provincial health departments
- Provide written communication, program data, budget data, and fact sheets or success stories about the COVID-19 related activities within FETP routinely and as requested within deadlines requested
- Participate in CDC DRC team meetings or working groups for COVID-19 and COVID-19 Commissions, as needed, and provide information, advice, and guidance as related to the FETP program and FETP/ACoDD activities
- Proactively identify to senior CDC DRC staff any problems or issues beyond the ability of the incumbent to resolve, along with suggestions for resolution
- Develop a written COVID-19 performance plan, minimally including all essential interim and final deliverables, key staff responsible for tasks (including the contractor, CDC, or other partners), scheduled of key deadlines (including review cycles and absolute No Later Than (NLT) dates for key activities and deliverables), and clarifications or updates specific to each subtask
- Hold an oral meeting twice a month with the DRC DGHP Program Director to provide an update on activities and progress made throughout the month
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Fluency in writing, speaking, and reading of English and French (Level III) required
- Knowledge of the World Health Organization (WHO) standards and policies, such as Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) Strategy and International Health Regulations
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the functionality of surveillance systems at national, sub-national, health zone, and community levels of health systems in-country
- Experience in preparing and facilitating trainings for in-service public health workforce development initiatives
- Experience in coordinating multi-agency public health programs at regional, national, sub-national, health zone, and community levels
- Experience with teaching education strategies including problem-based education techniques; teaching epidemiology and public health statistics; and public health management and program design
- Master's degree or Doctoral degree in public health or related field
- Graduate from a Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP) OR at least two years’ experience in a Field Epidemiology Training Program or a similar field epidemiology service provision position
- Three (3) - five (5) years of experience working in the field as a practicing epidemiologist
- Able to effectively conduct communication and advocacy in public health evident by prior publications
Travel – (Up to 100%)
The Bizzell Group, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Professional Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
The Bizzell Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive, and respectful work culture that values all.