Contessa offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in being part of an organization that is leading the country in redefining the way care is provided to patients. Contessa’s Home Recovery Care model brings all the essential elements of inpatient care to the comfort and convenience of a patient’s home. The model enables provider organizations and health plans to deliver high-quality, safe and affordable care to patients with non-life-threatening conditions. At Contessa, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of patients and be at the forefront of shaping a pioneering space in the health care industry.
The Director, Operations will champion Contessa’s primary goal – building strong partnerships with leading health system partners to deliver quality clinical outcomes at lower costs. This is a key position that will need to dig deep into workflow, processes, and have the ability to influence direct reports and management. The Director, Operations will work directly with hospital partners in the assigned region while interfacing frequently with Contessa’s executive team and centralized operations in Nashville. We are seeking a dynamic candidate with broad experience navigating and optimizing operations across health systems, and provider organizations. Candidates must have a strong track record of implementing new business models and collaborating effectively with a variety of teams, departments, and stakeholders.
- Along with the RVP - establish and implementing the most effective strategies and approaches to meet clinical, strategic and financial targets.
- Work with local staff that will be responsible for helping patients through an acute care or post-acute care episode pursuant to the Company’s clinical models.
- Collaborate with centralized departments, such as virtual care teams and business functions, to gain support for local initiatives and to deliver service pursuant to service level agreements.
- Partner with health system leadership to align under a common vision to achieve partnership goals.
- Establish relationships with new providers and vendors that will serve patients, maintain and manage these partnerships.
- Educate provider and payer communities to allow more patients to gain access to the Company’s services.
- Lead implementation process of new health system and payer relationships within market.
- Project Management - will be in the weeds
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or significant healthcare leadership experience required.
- Leadership: 4+ years of experience leading healthcare operations is required, with demonstrated ability to set up new teams and navigate complexity across payers, providers, and health systems. Fluency with payment methodologies and experience leading transitions from existing methods to new operations are also required.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to convey information efficiently and effectively to a broad variety of stakeholders and audiences, including preparation and presentation of materials to high level executives.
- Collaboration: Exceptional interpersonal skills and judgment in dealing with key partners, staff and clients.
- Innovative, perceptive, and willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish our mission. Ability to inspire people at all levels of the organization; easy to work with and naturally gains the confidence of others.
- Flexibility: Comfortable switching gears frequently and helping others adapt to change, particularly in environments with a mix of rapid evolution and longstanding practices.
- Patient Focused: Deep appreciation of how every operational move and decision impacts patient experience.
- Analytical Expertise: Strong ability to process disparate information and frame data analysis for decision making. Affinity for quantitative tasks and agility with analytical tools and programs.
- Project Management: Able to manage multiple projects and balance competing priorities quickly, creatively, and productively.
Skills & Abilities
- Organizational Skills
- Analytical skills
- Regulatory Compliance
- Information Systems
Our team members are our greatest asset. That’s why you’ll find that Contessa has built a culture around trust, open communication, and a unified desire to change the way healthcare is being delivered. It’s important to us that you like your job, are motivated by the work you do every day and feel supported by leadership. Contessa offers a generous compensation and benefits package, a strong belief in a healthy work-life balance and great opportunities for career growth.