Greenville University is seeking an Office Manager to join our Facilities Department! The selected candidate will assist the Director of Facilities and Support Services by performing clerical and administrative functions. The selected candidate would also manage a variety of general office activities such as overseeing student workers, processing invoices and supporting the day to day workflow in the department.
- Manage the work order processing system to include entering and tracking of work orders from initial entry into the system through completion. This includes both preventive and corrective actions.
- Work closely with the custodial, maintenance, and grounds supervisors to assist in coordinating daily work requirements and special activities.
- Administer the key control and issue system for all facilities with exception of residences.
- Analyze and organize office operations and procedures such as bookkeeping, personnel, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services.
- Compose and type routine correspondence, following uniform correspondence procedures and style practices using a variety of software packages.
- Support area supervisors in hiring and administration of departmental student workers.
- Formulate procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Perform various administrative and general office duties.
- Keep a running inventory of office supplies.
- Coordinate departmental activities for special events such as New Student Orientation, Homecoming, and Commencement.
- Coordinate limited warehouse activities (receiving, storage, and delivery)
- Maintain the calendar for the Director of Facilities and Support Services by coordinating appointments, meetings, and conferences.
- Collect and validate time-and-attendance records of all department employees for signature.
- Function as a liaison between the Facilities and Support Services Department and students, faculty, administration, staff and the community.
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, prepares agendas, reserves facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings where applicable.
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive material
- Supervise student workers
- Oversee operation of the recycling program
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree is preferred.
- Formal training and proficiency with MS Office (especially Word and Excel) is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressively challenging experience leading to office management responsibilities is required.
- Must have strong administrative, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Efficient time management
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent telephone skills
- Must be able to communicate fluently in the English language to include reading, writing, and speaking.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for the majority of the workday.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks such as keyboarding and telephone usage.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Work is preformed primarily indoors in an office environment
- Occasional travel within the confines of the campus or local community may be required.
Greenville University's Mission:
Greenville University is liberal arts University that empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies.
Greenville University's Commitment to Diversity:
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The university is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.