La Crosse Sign Group is looking for an Accounting Assistant to join our dynamic and knowledgeable team. This position is located at our Onalaska location. The position is full-time, with benefits and an excellent working environment. The successful candidate will be a key team member in the growth of our Accounting Department, maintaining financial records, preparing reports, and updating crucial financial information. Proven accounting experience preferred, with at least an Associate Degree or high school diploma or equivalent with 2-3 years of related accounting experience.
- Calculates employee time cards for the Service Department on a daily basis.
- Enters time and material usage into computer system
- Process expense reports, receipts, and other financial matters
- Fact-check invoices for processing and payment
- Recognizes/posts Work In Process (WIP) calculations and completes billed jobs
- Maintain Accounts Receivable and reconciling account balances. Makes collection calls as needed, provide documentation in accounting software.
- Other projects or duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will also possess the following qualities:
- Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize projects, work under pressure, excellent time management and organization skills
- Telephone and computer proficiency
- Excellent grammar, as well as proofreading and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and other business software
- Knowledge of accounting software programs (Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience a plus)
- Knowledge of current sales tax laws in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa a plus
If you possess these qualities and desire a rewarding career with a well-established company, please send us your resume.