A Custodian I keeps buildings clean and in orderly condition. This entry-level position is responsible for performing routine cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, washing walls and glass, and removing trash. Duties also include notifying management of any needed repairs. Activities are both indoors and outdoors, and may require travel between Satellite campuses. They serve with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes Harvest’s culture, values and mission.
- Monitor building security and safety, such as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliances used to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Service, clean and supply restrooms.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs.
- Request supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, or squeegees.
- Physical requirements with or without accommodation include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs consistently, repetitive hand and foot motions, prolonged standing, walking, kneeling, bending, stooping, climbing, crawling, squatting, and reaching.
- Duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change at any time.
- Must be 18 years old or older to apply.
Salary Range: $15.50 - $18.00 Per Hour