Provide courteous and professional services to donors by assisting at the dock with their donations, processing the donations, and stocking the items to ensure the success of the SVdP mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Presents a professional, clean appearance and provide courteous service to all customers and donors
- Responds quickly to bell for customer service needed at dock
- Assists customers lifting the donated items
- Utilizes resources to assist with heavy lifting, such as hand truck, electric forklift (must be certified) or other staff to help
- Assists drivers with unloading of large and heavy donated items and with loading of items for recycling or delivery
- Follows pricing guidelines to properly mark items for sale
- Brings items out to floor for display and stocking
- Assists customers loading items in vehicles
- Other duties as assigned
Organization Mission and Policies:
- Supports and demonstrates excellent customer assistance by following the SVdP Customer Service Motto to “Valuable Customers with Distinction and Purpose” which defines “our valuable customers” as both internal and external; i.e. co-workers, neighbors, donators, vendors, organizational contacts and thrift store consumers.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Less than high school education or High School diploma or GED
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
Reading comprehension (Intermediate level)
Oral and written communication to wide and varied audiences
Work on multiple projects at once in fast-paced environment
Attention to detail
Work a flexible schedule
Frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds
Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear
Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, if applicable.
- Occasionally works in high precarious places.
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.