The Systems Engineer II is responsible for performing complex technical design and implementation of virtualization environments (VMware vCenter, ESXi, vSAN, Hyper-v etc.), storage appliances (Dell/EMC, NetApp, Pure, Lenovo, etc.), and Microsoft Windows server infrastructure (Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, IIS, SQL, etc.).
Technical Duties and Responsibilities
- Configuration, maintenance and automation of secure server operating systems and third party application deployment, as well as creation and maintenance of related procedural documentation.
- Administration and upgrades relating to Windows Server Technologies, Active Directory, file/folder permission assignments and hotfix / patch installations.
- Support on premise Active Directory and Azure Active Directory environments.
- Configuring and supporting SPN delegations for Kerberos authentication
- Installation and support of Microsoft IIS.
- Design and configure server operating system environments according to vendor specifications, offering improvements where needed.
- Provide guidance on performance tuning, optimization, and capacity planning of servers and applications.
- Participate in monitoring, alert configuration/handling duties as needed.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure team in the troubleshooting and resolution of SAN/NAS, server and application related issues.
- Maintain / Upgrade Azure AD connect.
- Should have advanced proficiency with VMware 6.x products, including ESXi, vSphere, vCenter, VM Replication, vMotion, VM Backup and Recovery.
- Implement and troubleshoot with working knowledge of VLANs, tiered network architecture, DNS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- On a project basis, may be required to work in maintenance windows outside of normal business hours.
- When requested, attends IT meetings and scheduled teleconferences.
- Provide escalations support in an environment composed of Microsoft and VMware technologies
- Escalate project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Work with leadership to identify areas for improvement, introduction of change controls and discussing/implementing best practices
- Onsite work at client locations will be required as needed.
Competencies, Skills, and Qualifications
- BS Degree in the field of Computer Science or at least 5 years equivalent work experience with certification.
- Certified CCNP, MCSE, VCP and other industry recognized IT certifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Microsoft environment, preferably in an enterprise or MSP systems environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with current Microsoft Server operating systems, Active Directory and Windows/SQL Clustering
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory administration (Group Policy, AD Sites and Services, Domains and Trusts)
- Proven ability to automate with Powershell
- Experience with VMware, Veeam (or other backup technology), Azure and AWS
- Experience with application design, sizing and disaster recovery processes
- Experience installing and supporting Windows SSL certificates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills, enthusiastic work approach and self-motivated
- Ability to work within predefined guidelines pertaining to change control and compliance requirements
- Ability to work as part of a team and with others in all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated Data Center/Server room build out experience (Power, network, Cooling, etc)
- Engineer must be able to work in a fast-pace, changing environment where they need to work on numerous projects at once.
- A team player with strong customer-oriented attitude, interpersonal skills and works well in a multicultural workplace
- Self-discipline, self-starter, professional, who can successfully bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance, and oversight
- Excellent time management skills that support a balance of strategic and tactical activities
- Able to be on standby and perform downtime work during weekends and off-hours meeting
BCS365 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.