For over 40 years Bellwether Housing has been Seattle's largest, and most respected, non-profit organization, providing affordable housing for low-income individuals and families. Bellwether Housing offers an uplifting work environment with a diverse group of talented professionals who are committed to our mission and values of creativity, collaboration, ambition, warm-heartedness, and professionalism.
Oversee all aspects marketing and leasing of units, completing leasing and move in tasks in accordance with Bellwether policies. Assist Site Manager in promoting a “sense of community” among residents with activities and services, working to solve problems and facilitate a responsible and positive community. Assist with ongoing certification of residents as prescribed by Bellwether procedures. Act as liaison to agencies providing referrals and case management to the residents. Maintain tenant contact information and the parking spreadsheet. Assist with the annual recertification process.
Ensure excellent customer services to residents and prospective residents.
• Provide professional, responsive, unbiased, caring and knowledgeable interactions with applicants and current residents.
• Possess knowledge of Bellwether policies, landlord tenant law, fair housing laws, and property management software procedures.
• Be approachable, pleasant, professional, and knowledgeable in all interactions with applicants and current residents.
• Act in a calm, rational and professional manner in problem solving with tenants and staff.
• Maintain confidentiality of applicant and tenant information.
• Assist residents with SHA paperwork, reviewing for accuracy before submitting to SHA on their behalf.
• Maintain accurate file set up, filing and archiving of tenant files, including maintaining accurate tenant contact list.
Manage leasing, maintenance and unit turnover processes.
• Post ads for vacancies, track all traffic at the property, and update application status reports as directed. Work with the Portfolio Manager to develop marketing strategies and implementation.
• Answer inquiry calls, conduct thorough pre-screening for eligibility, and determine units for which applicants qualify.
• Collaborating with the Resident Services staff, maintain relationship with partnership agencies regarding set aside units, initiating contact on vacancies, assisting with client application process, and communicating residency issues with current clients.
• Schedule application intake appointments for prospects. Assist applicants to accurately complete rental applications and supporting documentation.
• Process application, verifying rental and criminal history, income qualifications, etc.
• Coordinate with applicant regarding move-in date, time and move in costs. Prepare and complete move in lease documents, collect move in payments, and establish resident account in property management software. Set up SCL accounts, ensure welcome bags are in the unit and compile move in packet for Portfolio Manager.
• Complete move out inspections with residents, processing SODA’s with 14 days, and rental history before archiving file.
• Coordinate unit turnover with Maintenance, completing pre-move out inspections, scheduling of onsite cleaning staff, and ordering supplies.
• Receive and process resident maintenance work orders in Netfacilities, assigning work orders for building staff, if appropriate, and closing out the work orders with time and labor hours when work is completed.
• Manage, maintain, and update the resident parking roster and contact information.
• Maintain and order adequate office supplies, ensuring that storage rooms are kept organized and sufficiently stocked with necessary supplies.
• Maintain accurate file set-up, filing and archiving of tenant files, including maintaining an accurate tenant contact list.
Ensure property is operated in compliance with applicable laws and in compliance with funder requirements.
• Assist Site Manager with completing annual and ongoing re-certification paperwork for residents according to Bellwether procedures.
• Ensure fair housing and landlord/tenant laws and Bellwether policies and procedures are fully upheld.
Engage and collaborate with Portfolio Manager, Property Management department and other Bellwether departments.
• Work collaboratively with supervisor, providing information and updates on challenges and seeking input and direction.
• Attend staff, ad hoc and all staff meetings as instructed.
• Work collaboratively with social service agencies and resident services coordinators to meet resident needs and resolve problems.
• Represent Bellwether as an ambassador to the communities and neighborhoods in which Bellwether is involved.
• Exemplify good intrinsic characteristics, values, ethics, people skills and maintenance of confidentiality. Embody Bellwether’s ethics in your own work.
• Undertake other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED (equivalent education and experience may be substituted for the stated requirements).
• One-year prior work experience in apartment leasing or high-volume customer service role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Highly organized and strong attention to detail, capable of taking personal initiative in a project as needed, making sure all work is completed and of high quality.
• Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality at all times.
• Exceptional customer service aptitude, including problem-solving skills and the ability to respond quickly and tactfully to customer requests.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Positive attitude a must.
• Experiencing working with Microsoft Office user applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Prior apartment management or leasing experience in the property management industry.
• Experience leasing in low income housing tax credit properties.
• Experience in Fair Housing and local Landlord Tenant Law.
• Completion of WSHFC Fundamentals and Advanced training workshops
• Experience with Seattle Housing Authority Section 8 Project and Tenant Based programs.
• Experience working with Yardi/eSite or equivalent property management software.
• Familiarity with service-enriched housing programs, such as Sound Families and HOPWA.
• Demonstrated ability to build effective partnerships with community constituencies and social service agencies.
• Experience working with social service programs for diverse populations and making referrals as appropriate.
Other Position Requirements:
• Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 35 hours per week, flexible work schedule.
Compensation: $21.60 - $23.00 per hour DOE, benefits
Benefits: Bellwether Housing provides 24 days of PTO in the first year of employment for all employees working over 20 hours per week. We have a 403(b) retirement plan with immediate eligibility for employee contributions and employer matching after 15 months of service; three medical plans to choose from, one with an employer funded HSA; dental; vision; flexible spending accounts, disability (short- and long-term); employer paid life insurance; and commuter benefits.
Bellwether Housing is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, including the diversity of thought. We consider all applicants without regard to education, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, skills, and level of experience and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.