We are looking for a 3rd shift Maintenance Helper that will support production operations and Maintenance Technicians in performing non-mechanical tasks around machine upkeep, tools/equipment, building and grounds maintenance. Basic knowledge of plumbing and mechanical fabrication Proficient in English in both written and verbal communication. Basic knowledge and understanding of LOTO and OSHA safety requirements as related to industrial operations. Quality oriented and high attention to detail. Position requires ability to work a flexible schedule on an as-needed basis. Must be able to initiate and complete work tasks under limited supervision.
3rd shift hours are 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform repairs on non-mechanical equipment and general maintenance work orders with an emphasis on completing safety related work orders first.
2. Minor repairs throughout the building, floor and grounds (salting, shoveling as necessary)
3. Complete handy-man type project such as hanging boards, fixing minor leaks, building work benches and other tasks as assigned.
4. Able to identify projects requiring the services of a higher skilled Maintenance Tech
5. Complete machine PM’s following the direction of skilled Maintenance Technicians including regular lubrication of equipment
6. Complete Building and Facility PM’s as directed
7. Manage all PM’s through the Electronic maintenance system Guru
8. Safely use variety of hand and power tools throughout the facility
9. Provide basic hand tools for personal use
10. Safely operate scissor lifts, fork lifts, and other material handling equipment
1. Basic knowledge of plumbing and mechanical fabrication
2. Proficient in English in both written and oral
3. Basic knowledge and understanding of LOTO and OSHA safety requirements as related to
4. Quality oriented and high attention to detail
5. Must be willing to work long hours and flexible schedule on an as-needed basis
VISION AND HEARING: Specific vision abilities required include close, distance and peripheral vision, ability to adjust focus, color vision and depth perception. Ability to hear sounds associated with fork lift and crane operations are required. Comprehensible speech is required; hearing spoken voices is not required.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS: Safety glasses and steel-toed safety shoes. Gloves are required for certain tasks. Maintenance uniform Provided
TOOLS / EQUIPMENT USED:
• Safely use variety of hand and power tools throughout the facility
• Provide basic hand tools for personal use
• Safely operate scissor lifts, fork lifts, and other material handling equipment