The ASL Customer Support Representative works closely with other team members to provide outstanding service to customers by answering questions, handling complaints, and troubleshooting problems with different products and services. They listen to customers to understand the reason for their call, address all questions or complaints, and provide an accurate and efficient response. The ASL Customer Support Representative interacts with, respond to inquiries in customer service, sales, or technical support via different means of communication including but not limited to video conferencing, email, and/or instant messaging/chat.
This position is a flexible, part-time position that will serve as a back-up agent to our full-time staff. As the back-up representative, the individual who fulfills this position must have the ability to work a shift on short-notice, should one of our full-time staff members take time off from work.
This position currently operates remotely (work-from-home). When circumstances allow, this position will be required to operate from the Connect Direct center located in Austin, Texas.
- Serves as back-up representative to cover time-off of full-time staff members
- Answers or make calls to customers to support and address their inquiries and needs in ASL by video, email, and instant messaging
- Provide all kinds of support to customers including but not limited to answering questions, providing technical support, taking or tracking orders, handling or resolving billing issues, making sales calls, collecting information, and performing surveys
- Responds efficiently to customers and develop relationships with them by ensuring that they feel supported and valued
- Utilizes software, databases, scripts, and tools appropriately
- Works a minimum of 8 hours every pay period (two weeks)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:?
- Deliver exceptional customer service via superior interpersonal skills, active listening, expressive and strong written communication skills
- Understanding of company products, services, and policies
- Ability to commit to work schedules in a call center environment
- Ability to undergo various trainings to learn and understand all products and services offered by our client
- Proficiency with computers, video technology and strong typing skills
- Ability to communicate in various proficiency levels of ASL
- Ability to ask prying questions, diffuse tense situations and escalate appropriately
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
- Adaptability and accountability
- Experience in sales, marketing, or customer service roles
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment