Non-Exempt – Grade Level 1
Equal Employment Opportunity
CORPORATE VALUES & MISSION
“Provide superior service and high-quality advice and show utmost respect to everyone we meet.”
The function of a teller is to play a vital role in the customer banking experience. Tellers are the face of ChoiceOne Bank. As a Teller you will provide World Class Customer Service by handling transactions accurately and efficiently. Through your daily interactions with customers you will discover opportunities to help grow ChoiceOne Bank and introduce your customers to a banker.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Branch Manager and Branch Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform and follow the Bank’s policies, procedures, and customer service standards
• Operate teller window in accordance with bank policy, balancing daily
• Meet and exceed teller sales/referral goals
• Process cash and non-cash bank transactions accurately, efficiently, and with confidentiality
• Acquire and maintain up-to-date knowledge of banking products, financial services, and technology
• Develop relationships with clients and ensure customers’ awareness of services offered. Recognize clients’ needs and make referrals to bankers.
• Perform other miscellaneous duties, including night deposits, ATM balancing and service, supply restocking and ordering, answering phones, etc.; and other duties that may be required from time to time.
• Be familiar, and comply, with the provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act, FACTA and USA PATRIOT Act as they relate to the functions of this position. Complete all required reports related to those acts and reports any observed violations, or potential violations of those acts, to a supervisor or other appropriate bank officer.
• Be familiar, and comply, with all federal and state banking regulations as applicable.
In addition to the Essential Duties & Responsibilities, individuals in this position are expected to exhibit the following:
Oral Communication – Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and receive clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings.
Technical Skills – Assess your strengths and weaknesses; pursue training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; share expertise with others.
Quality – Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meet productivity standards; complete work in a timely manner; strive to increase productivity; work quickly and accurately.
Adaptability – Adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality – Follows schedule consistently in a timely manner; limits absenteeism; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Flexibility – able to provide flexibility and adapt to changing schedules.
Dependability – Follow instructions; respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; commit reaching goals; complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative – Undertake self-development activities; take independent actions and calculated risks; look for and take advantage of opportunities to help customers and ChoiceOne Bank; ask for and offer help when needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Must be able to lift 25lbs
• Standing required for extended periods of time, up to entire length of shift
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires schedule flexibility
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
• Minimum of 6 months cash handling experience preferred
• High School or GED