BE A HERO! We are facing challenging times and you can make a difference. Hospitals in St. Louis City and West County area are seeking candidates to assist with cleaning their facilities and other maintenance duties. The Housekeeper is an environmental services worker who is responsible for daily housekeeping services as assigned, using procedures as outlined by the hospital or service organization. The pre-screening will include a background check (must be clean), drug test (must be clean) and nicotine screening (nicotine user can apply if they are committed to quitting). You will have to provide a copy of your immunization record and/or get shots to work in a hospital setting.
- Performs routine cleaning activities in patient, public and common areas using prescribed, established cleaning process; document inspection and maintenance activities
- Performs discharge-cleaning process in inpatient rooms and prepares room for next admission.
- Performs room set up and changes as needed
- May carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Notifies supervisor or manager of any equipment, furniture, or building fixtures that are in need of maintenance.
- This is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Grasping, Pinching, Holding
- Lifting or Carrying (35-50 lbs)
- Pushing or Pulling
- Reaching Overhead
- Squatting, Bending, Kneeling
- Walking or Moving
- Proven working experience as a cleaner
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.30 to $10.88 /hour (varies
Must be flexible to work evenings, nights and/or weekends; reliable transportation is a plus