BE A HERO! We are facing challenging times and you can make a difference. St. Louis area hospital seeking candidates to assist in their Laboratory Courier department. Laboratory Couriers are responsible for the daily operations of any route within the courier business model. Responsible for the appropriate and safe handling of all types of specimen ensure appropriate packaging and transferring of all materials and specimens. The pre-screening will involve a background check (must be clean), and drug test (must be clean). You will have to provide a copy of your immunization record and/or get shots to work in a hospital setting. High School Diploma, GED or HiSET required.
- Keeps equipment clean and functional including scanners and cell phones used to support daily operations
- Provides daily records (by use of scanning equipment and logs) for all deliveries and pick up ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all information. Reports any loss or damage specimens immediately to lead or supervisor
- Responsible for receiving, warehousing, and distributions of specimens or material for specific routes
- Delivers all services within specific time sensitive time frames providing excellent customer service and exemplifying ICARE values
- Grasping, Pinching, Holding
- Lifting or Carrying
- Pushing or Pulling
- Reaching Overhead
- Walking or Moving (approx. 12-15 miles per shift)
COVID-19 considerations: All employees must be vaccinated for Covid-19.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $14.88 per hour (based on shift)
Must be flexible to work evenings, nights and/or weekends; reliable transportation is a plus