BE A HERO! We are facing challenging times and you can make a difference. St. Louis area hospital is seeking candidates to assist in their Food & Nutrition department. The Food and Nutrition department consists of patient, retail and catering services. It is the role of the department to serve the needs of patients, visitors and employees with excellent customer service. Our qualified staff services the patients' nutritional needs during their hospital stay according to specified guidelines to improve their clinical status and assist in the healing process. Responsible for performing a variety of food service functions such as preparation of food, setting up of service areas with food, utensils, and garnishments, food portioning, serving, sanitation, operating cash register, assembling patient trays and assisting with customer requests. The pre-screening will involve a background check (must be clean), drug test (must be clean) and nicotine screening (nicotine user can apply if they are committed to quitting). You will have to provide a copy of your immunization record and/or get shots to work in a hospital setting. High School Diploma, GED or HiSET required.
- Serves customers in a professional and friendly manner, and follows food safety and portion guidelines.
- Assembles meals according to the menu, diet order and correct protocol.
- Ensures work area is set up and supplies and products are organized before, during and after shift.
- Cleans and sanitizes work station and utensils.
- Uses equipment and materials properly and safely.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $10.88 /hour
Must be flexible to work evenings, nights and/or weekends