SynTerra is looking for a licensed hydrogeologist with the expertise to help our clients succeed. The position requires competency in hydrogeologic, hydrologic, and engineering principles related to surface and groundwater systems, groundwater modeling (analytic/numeric), irrigation technology, potable water systems, well construction, pumped system hydraulics, and open channel flow hydraulics, environmental systems and compliance related issues, natural system(s) assessment and restoration, environmental sampling, wetland system assessment, solid waste system environmental compliance (multiple media to include surface/groundwater/leachate/LFG). The position primarily uses this information to assist in facility operations for solid waste and/or water resource related projects. The position requires routine travel from the employee’s assigned station to various locations throughout southwest, south, and west central Florida.
The following is a summary of what you’ll accomplish in this position:
• Development/completion of permit applications (Water Use/Consumptive Use Permits, Environmental Resource Permits, Solid Waste Permits).
• Design and implement field programs to support environmental assessments, geotechnical evaluations both surface and sub-surface, exploratory drilling programs to identify and evaluate hydrogeologic properties of soil materials encountered during drilling operations.
• Coordinate and execute pre-application meetings with regulatory agencies.
• Assess ‘impact’ based on surface and groundwater pumping using analytic and numeric models.
• Coordinate routine compliance inspections with local regulatory agencies within west-central Florida.
• Responsible for the completion of requisite compliance reports (e.g. SWFWMD, FDEP).
• Responsible for data analyses to include the production of maps and various mapping products which assist in the environmental reporting and management of various facilities and projects. An understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and the willingness to learn new applications is required.
• Provide support to other company programs and market sectors to build a successful regional office.
• Undergraduate degree in geology, hydrogeology, hydrology, environmental science, engineering (environmental, civil, hydraulic, agricultural or water resource engineering), or related field. Master’s degree in groundwater sciences, engineering, or related fields is a plus.
• Possession of or ability to obtain a State of Florida Professional Geologist/Engineer License or alternative professional certifications and or licenses is preferable.
• Minimum 8-12 years of experience
• Strong background in the principles and practices of geology and groundwater movement/hydrogeology, water resource development, regulation and management.
• Experience with groundwater flow model(s) including the Southwest Florida Water Management District – Districtwide Regulation Model (DWRM), agricultural water use demand model(s).
• Experience with report preparation for submittal to the client and state agencies; soil, groundwater, and vapor intrusion investigations; and interactions with subcontractors.
• GIS experience preferable.
• Ability to review and evaluate aquifer performance test designs as well as groundwater and surface water monitoring plans.
• 40 hr. OSHA HAZWOPER trained
• Registered professional geologist
• Experience with or willingness to learn client relations preferred
More Than a Job:
We are looking for intelligent, ambitious, and passionate candidates to continue helping our clients. When you join SynTerra, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become part of the SynTerra family, a group of talented individuals who drive innovation and embrace change. Come join a team that you are going to LOVE – SynTerra.
Perhaps you have a colleague who would be a perfect fit for this role – Be sure to send that colleague this link to apply.