Operator with at least 1-year experience on the safe and proper operation of conventional or SMART roto mold machines. This includes experience with mold set-ups, mold servicing, part inspection, performing secondary operations on molded products as well as the safe utilization of a variety of powered and manual hand tools, motorized hoists, gantries and other miscellaneous tools used in the production process.
• Assists team lead and Roto Mold Mgr. with training and onboarding of new employees
• Experience programming PLC controls of rotomold machines
• Prepares molds for production
• Weigh, stage, and prepares raw materials and molded in components
• Charge/loads molds with specified raw material(s)
• Demolds plastic products from molds
• Inspects products for defects, irregularities, or damage
• Performs secondary operations on molded products
• Assists with mold changeovers
• Works from both written and verbal instructions, including blueprints, manufacturing procedures and work instructions
• Consistently follows standard safety procedures
• Sustains a safe and clean workspace
• Strives to achieve company safety and production goals
• Participates in company safety and continuous improvement efforts
• Performs other related duties as assigned:
- Includes but not limited to being reassigned to other departments when no production is scheduled
• Demonstrates ability to share technical knowledge with others
• Ability to effectively communicate (read, write & speak) in English
• Problem solving skills
• Organizational skills
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Experience utilizing: Simple Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Oracle NetSuite (preferred)
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent desirable
• 1 + years’ experience operating either a conventional or SMART rotomold machine(s)
• Ability to stand, sit squat, climb, balance stoop, kneel, crouch crawl, stretch, walk, reach, twist, bend, grasp, use hands and fingers, handle objects and/or controls
• Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted. (2 persons required for lifting over 50 pounds)
• Must be able to stand 8 hours plus per day
• Ability to work in a fast paced constantly changing work environment
• Ability to work in a warmer than normal (during summer months) environment
Norix produces innovative, robust furniture that meets the real-world need for humanizing challenging environments. For 35 years, the company has served the behavioral healthcare, corrections, fire/rescue, military, shelter, public safety and variety of commercial industries by providing uniquely functional furnishings for every application.
Norix furniture is designed for safety, security and extreme durability. Norix furniture is extraordinary by design, surpassing industry standards for strength, safety and long-term performance. Norix products emphasize good design and are developed for facilities that require furniture that can humanize their environments. Norix is privately held and is headquartered in West Chicago, IL with consultative sales representatives and dealers throughout the U.S.
Norix is presently building a new 200,000 square foot facility at One Innovation Drive, West Chicago, IL in the DuPage Business Center. Opening in Fall, 2020 this new facility will house our corporate offices as well as a new manufacturing and distribution center. Designed by Heitman Architects this new facility is planned to be only the second USGBC Leeds Gold manufacturing facility in the state of Illinois. Our new campus encompasses 22 acres affording Norix the ability for future expansion as well as an adjacent 15-acre nature area. The roof of the new facility will contain over 3,700 solar panels providing for 100% of Norix’s anticipated electricity demands. Our construction website can be found at www.oneinnovationdrive.com.
Employee wellness is a core principle of our design with a focus on bringing the outdoors in through the extensive use of glass on the walls and roof. Key features include a fitness center, a large 32’ clear lobby and café, soccer field, two outdoor patios, training center, electric car charging, and ergonomic furnishings. This will be a tobacco-free campus.
Norix provides a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, company-paid life and disability, paid time off, and 401k matching up to 4%.