Position is responsible for analyzing and maintaining cost accounting and inventory systems, assisting with the financial close process, analyzing changes in the product to determine effects on cost, analyze manufacturing costs and prepare appropriate reports, and monitor labor and inventory transactions to assure data accuracy.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and maintain cost accounting and inventory systems including product costing, inventory control, variance analysis and calculation of excess and obsolete inventory;
- Execute regular tasks relating to the monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial close process;
- Support the annual cost roll, reviewing new standards and their impacts on margin, inventory revaluation and capitalized variances;
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost;
- Monitor labor and inventory transactions, daily and monthly, to assure data accuracy;
- Initiate and monitor monthly cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy, investigate variances, and resolve issues;
- Evaluate ROI of capital improvement projects;
- Performs new item cost roll-ups in ERP system;
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs. Bridge the gap for over/under absorption with explanations;
- Maintain internal control policies and procedures and utilize best practices;
- Support estimating function of new and proposed product costs;
- Support Accounts Payable function;
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services;
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance;
- Support enhancements in Synergy and Warehouse Management systems;
- Train production staff and other areas to understand the costing process;
- Actively participate in efforts to establish and promote a safe and healthy work environment. Follow policies, programs, and procedures for the reduction and elimination of work related accidents and provide feedback to promote safer work behaviors and conditions.
For an individual to perform this job successfully, one must be able to perform the duties described above satisfactorily, as well as work closely with Team Members as needed to accomplish the task at hand. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, competency and/or ability required to fulfill these duties. Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred
- 2+ years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Detailed-oriented, team player with an analytical mind, and good problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good time management, ability to multi-task, prioritize work and provide timely feed-back to management
- Self-motivated, self-starter, ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding environment with a flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines, and variable workloads
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Strong mathematical skills, proficient with Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finer, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb or balance and stoop, knee, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.