This Mortgage Loan Officer will provide a high level of customer service in the origination of consumer home mortgage loans. The position will build and maintain a strong network on internal and external referral sources and generate fee income according to budget. The MLO will work with the Mortgage Loan Manager, Marketing Director, and other Mortgage Department team members to develop and utilize successful marketing strategies. The position is responsible for ensuring compliance to policy, regulations, and investor guidelines with every loan transaction.
- Professionally develop and maintain external and internal referral sources by actively working with commercial, retail, and investment areas to ensure a continuous pipeline of loans.
- Assess and evaluate the credit worthiness of applicants to arrive at an independent recommendation on the origination and/or continuation of a credit relationship with the Bank.
- Participate in various community and business organizations and events to ensure Coulee Bank’s Mortgage Department is known in the community.
- Assess and evaluate the credit worthiness of applicants and arrive at an independent recommendation of a credit relationship with the bank. This assessment process includes:
- Explaining loan options and alternatives to applicants
- Assisting applicants in completing application forms
- Gathering all pertinent data to make loan decision
- Preparing cash flows and calculating key financial ratios
- Approving or declining loans within specified limits
- Presenting applications above lending limit to Loan Committee and/or President
- Originate investor-quality mortgage loans in a manner that meets the annual fee income budget while adhering to reasonable pricing and loan policy guidelines.
- Provide a professional level of information and follow-through while working on mortgage loans to ensure a positive experience for the customer.
- Work closely with Loan Processing staff during the document preparation and check disbursal process.
- Ensure confidentiality of bank and customer data throughout the life of the loans serviced.
- Maintain customer records in a manner that allows for routine contact.
- Professionally develop and maintain external and internal referral sources to assist in ensuring a continuous pipeline of loans.
- Maintain and expand Mortgage Department’s presence in the community by participating in community and business organizations and events.
- Work with mortgage and marketing staff to develop and implement successful marketing strategies.
- Maintain Coulee Bank product knowledge to allow for qualified referrals to retail and investment staff and establishment of full banking relationships with mortgage customers.
- Attend regular training to maintain knowledge of industry trends, developments and changes in regulatory laws.
- Assist in and respond to internal and external audits and reviews as requested.
- Maintain broker and investor relationships in a manner that ensures minimum risk to Coulee Bank.
- Collect past due loans assigned to portfolio in a timely manner.
- High School diploma, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of prior mortgage lending experience, with loan volume in the past 12 months of greater than $10 million.
- Established relationships within the local community and in job-related organizations.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service experience to both internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to details and accuracy of work.
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of office methods, procedures, and practices including the use of standard office equipment.
Candidates must meet and comply with the requirements of the SAFE Act, including the successful completion of background check and registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
GENERAL STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Under normal circumstances absentee rate is average or below average.
- Team player with a positive attitude that proactively seeks new ways to solve problems.
- Willing to expand skill set and duties in service of improving bank operations.
- Follow Coulee Bank guidelines of customer service.