Connect for Health Colorado has launched a new health insurance marketplace and support network that allows individuals, families and small employers to compare and purchase health plans from companies including the major providers in the state in a convenient way. We provide high quality customer assistance by phone and in person, as well as access to new financial assistance to reduce costs. Our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado.
The Training & Development Manager will work closely with the Chief Human Resources and Training Officer to lead the learning and development strategy, manage the implementation and measure the impact of all Connect for Health Colorado training, certifications, and credentialing. She/he will identify and monitor training needs in the organization, and design, plan, and implement training programs, policies, and procedures to fulfill those needs. The Training & Development Manager will partner with Connect for Health Colorado subject matter experts and channels to create and manage both internal and external content and knowledge; and will oversee the training team’s work to create, manage, monitor, and update training and website content, and administer the knowledge base.
• Provides leadership and direction to the training staff, including recruiting, selecting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining team members; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job performance; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Reviews existing training programs; suggests enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of the organization.
• Identifies and assesses future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with managers.
• Selects and manages resources, including working with both internal team members, partners and training vendors to develop and deliver training.
• Designs and develops comprehensive programs for training, including training aids and materials and ensures that all are current, accurate, and effective. • Facilitates in-person and virtual presentations deploying a wide variety of educational and training techniques and methods.
• Works with internal subject matter experts to identify and track state and federal laws, rules, and regulations pertinent to Health Insurance Marketplace technology and processes.
• Manages the technologies and technical personnel required to develop, manage and deliver training.
• Maintains knowledge of new methods and techniques for training, and training requirements applicable to the organization and/or industry.
• Monitors and evaluates training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI and periodically provides summary reports to management, outlining the impact of training on team member skills and corporate goals.
• Drives brand values and philosophy through all training and development activities and partners with the communications team to ensure that all content is consistent with our brand messaging.
• Coordinates and updates all certification and re-certification materials and activities for all Marketplace channels.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Temporary Remote Due to COVID-19
• Typical office setting; the Connect for Health Colorado office is located in the Denver Tech Center, near the I-25 and I-225 exit.
• Work schedule will include some non-traditional hours, weekends and evening events.
• Some travel throughout Colorado will occasionally be required.
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.