Become a part of a leading beverage distributor by joining Gillette Pepsi! We're a family-owned, independent distributor of Pepsi and many other tasty and refreshing beverages that are easy to get excited about. Work with brands you love! With our employee's success, we're able to achieve our mission: To become the best supplier of refreshing beverages...period.
We have an opportunity for you to join the team as a Class A CDL Driver! In this Relief Driver role, you are responsible for filling in on routes as needed to deliver Gillette Pepsi-Cola products to customers in a safe, efficient, reliable manner. Routes vary day-to-day, so if you enjoy variety and meeting many people, this position will suit you well! Apply now and be eligible for a sign on bonus of up to $5,000!
Work Schedule & Pay Rate:
• Safely and efficiently delivers product to customers along a designated route
• Unloads products from the truck to the customer’s premise
• Merchandises product at assigned customer accounts.
• Communicates relevant information back to the operations supervisor.
• Processes invoices and other required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
• Completes the ordering of product in all assigned accounts to ensure that we are maintaining proper inventory levels on all products. Ensures that orders are submitted by the required deadlines to allow for the efficient order building and loading by warehouse personnel.
• Provides feedback to Distribution Supervisor or Sales Supervisor regarding issues with customer accounts, competitive activity and/or any problems with meeting customer expectations, merchandising standards, etc.
• Communicates with Gillette Pepsi sales representatives through day to day discussions to ensure customer expectations are being met, customer specific requests, customer concerns etc. and regularly checks notes on Gillette Link.
• Builds and maintains a superior customer relationship with customer accounts serviced.
• Promotes the company and our products in all communications with customers and potential customers.
• Adheres to practices outlined in the Company Safety Manual and reports safety risks to personnel with authority to initiate action.
• Maintains legal compliance with local, state, and federal laws applicable to area of responsibilities.
The responsibilities include physical tasks such as:
• Moving products from storerooms or trucks using pallet jacks, handcarts, manual/electric jacks etc. in a safe manner.
• Placing products on shelves, end caps and displays and in coolers and vending machines etc. according to merchandising standards and brand flow.
• Keeping backroom space neat, stocked, and condensed.
• Building displays according to Gillette standards.
• Rotating products regularly to avoid outdated product within assigned accounts.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Possess a High School Diploma/GED
• Minimum 1 year working as a CDL, Class A driver
• Previous customer service or stocking experience preferred
• Adept at using a smart phone, Outlook, and general computer software
Job Specific Competencies:
• Must possess a valid Class A, CDL license
• Highly self-motivated
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication between departments in order to provide excellent customer service
OUR CORE VALUES:
Integrity – Does the right thing; follows through on commitments; does not lay blame; takes accountability for own work.
Honesty – Displays honesty in person and in fact; shows appreciation; provides constructive feedback; speaks the truth.
Respect – Punctual for meetings and appointments; attentive to others, listens and responds appropriately (oral, written, or non-verbal input); demonstrates attention to and conveys information, ideas, facts, or messages appropriately and effectively.
Partnerships– Encourages and facilitates cooperation, trust, and group identity; fosters commitment and self-esteem; works with others to achieve common goals.
Future– Makes decisions with the long-term in mind; seeks opportunities to create incremental improvement in services and work processes to gain improved efficiency, effectiveness and flexibility; focuses on staying a step in front of our competition.
Customer Service – Delivers solutions that are in the best interest of the customer; responds quickly to customer; strives to exceed customer expectations; provide organized, consistent and high-level service.
Passion – Demonstrates enthusiasm in daily work; represents Gillette Pepsi with pride.
WHY GILLETTE PEPSI?
Our employees are why we succeed! We recruit motivated people, reward them and help develop them to reach their full potential while living our values. If you are a motivated self-starter, we want you to join our Pepsi Team! At Gillette Pepsi, we offer competitive wages, benefits, and opportunities for advancement!
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action:
Gillette Pepsi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all qualified individuals and will not discriminate or harass any employee or applicant because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, nation origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran or other protected veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense (collectively, “covered veterans”) or other legally protected status.