The Staff Accountant for Procarent is responsible for various financial aspect aspects of the company including the timely and accurate preparation of financial statements, ownership of critical functions such as fixed assets, ACH payments, cash balancing and state sales tax and support for special projects as deemed necessary.
You are responsible for (but not limited to):
- Preparing financial statements by preparing and entering journal entries, analyzing information from the general ledger system and other systems
- Performance of account reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner
- Calculation and remittance of state sales taxes
- Preparation, review and posting of general ledger entries
- Developing and implementing accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes; Ensuring accurate process and controls
- Answering accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Maintain the Fixed Asset records of the Company
- Preparation and submission of various forms for licensing, insurance, property tax, etc
- Serve as a backup for accounts payable personnel
- Oversee data entry and billing for various customers
- Review AR for issues, non payment and collection
- Bank balancing and reconciliation of transactional data in various systems
- Special projects and other miscellaneous duties as required
- Prepare and review biweekly ACH transaction
The Most Qualified Candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration
- Proficient in day-to-day operations such as general ledger accounting and the performance of account reconciliations
- Understanding of financial statements
- Controllership and process improvement mindset
- Ability to analyze transactions, prepares journal entries, and assists with monthly close and audit
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with close attention to detail
- Ability to work with both financial and non-financial people at all levels
- Flexibility to travel occasionally to branch locations (~10% travel)
The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to computer screens using keyboard functions and other hand usage.