Dyehard Fan Supply, headquartered in Winston-Salem, NC, is a start-up entity specializing in providing Retail Merchandise at sporting and entertainment events for its clients. Dyehard is growing rapidly from a combination of recent and pending acquisitions as well as organic growth through acquisition of new clients.
The Product Line Specialist for apparel and general merchandise is an integral part of the Product Development team with full life-cycle project activities that encompass managing products, quality assurance, product set up and technical support.
This is a game-changing role in the college and sports licensing space and directly contributes to building a brand impression and having consumers recognize a wide portfolio of Private Label brands designed for the properties managed by Dyehard Fan Supply.
The Product Line Specialist, with support from the Vice President of Merchandising, is responsible for sourcing, negotiation, and developing the Private Label (PL) merchandise assortment, managing raw material and component set up, leading product set up for PL to support Print on Demand Program and following the assortment plan and delivering superior results while meeting set quarterly KPI's.
- Collaborate with Merchandising, Design, Operations, and Production to communicate quality, cost, and product needs
- Oversee apparel product management, product development and specs.
- Directly responsible for the product development process from concept to final product, including the development and approval of fit, specs, trims, colors, art techniques, new fabrications and overall aesthetics.
- Work with VP of Merchandising to understand and anticipate customer needs, the cost and margin goals.
- Maintain accurate and timely records using Excel and within ERP/PLM systems; utilize data to analyze and report style development status, product costs, supply risks and quality concerns
- Identify potential development, safety, quality or cost concerns. Understand and execute final product design changes
- Manage all required samples (proto, market, sales and design), project and order to meet the need; responsible for accurate documentation, detailed record keeping, and charges related to sampling and R&D
- Review and approve samples submits to assure all requirements are met and fit the standard. Communicate and monitor any special testing and sampling needs for the production, buying, sales and marketing teams.
- Ensure deadlines are met; balancing business needs and design preferences to satisfy customer demand
- Support Product Development & Sourcing needs with data management, including costing Request for Quotes (RFQs)
- May perform external research to identify process improvements, document procedures and drive efficiencies and/or automation
- Conduct product research and comparative analysis to target value-add, including product specifications and performance levels based on the project needs and product requirements.
- Work in collaboration with the cross-functional teams on project-based workload to drive new products and/or re-sourced product lines to targeted launch date.
- Take ownership in project management and detailed data entry/ record keeping
- Contribute to key product concepts, including the creation of key stories and product, that generates an emotional connection to the brand and consumer
- Create comprehensive line plans and all supportive materials that will be used to drive final merchandising plans and assortment buys.
- Assist with building blanks assort product lines with a clear understanding of a finished, chase and blank inventory opportunity
- Take ownership of product style set up with in PLM/ERP systems for Print On Demand and inline PL programs
- Build strong partnerships with buyers, production, e-commerce and planning teams
- Present blanks product assortment at key meetings to ensure a clear handoffs as the selling seasons begins
- Participates in vendor meetings, negotiates initial costs for assigned product line and works with Buyers to determine selling prices.
- Establish good vendor relations to get the best possible deliveries at optimum cost and best quality.
- Source, sample and present PL blanks product recommendations to the VP/Buying team during seasonal assortment planning cross function meetings.
- Manage web art files: Once received from creative team upload them to the e-com platform and prepare for product to go live online meeting the targeted launch dates.
- Make sure product photos and information is correct and updated for website sales.
- Perform other duties as needed.