The Admin/Bookkeeper will assist in overseeing the company’s financial data and compliance by assisting the CFO with maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. Some daily accounting tasks include monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments.
This position will also assist HR with various tasks such as applicant tracking, payroll, employee relations issues, employee communications and other tasks as needed.
Initially this position will welcome guests and ensure proper security policies as it relates to guests and employees are followed.
Once the bookkeeping workload requires a full-time person, we plan to hire an Admin and transition this position to full-time bookkeeper.
• Greet guests (customers, contractors, other 3rd parties) warmly.
• Ensure guest and employee security policies are followed.
• Book meetings and schedule events.
• Maintain a check in and filing system for data on customers and external partners.
• Receive incoming mail and packages.
• Answer and redirect phone calls.
• Enter invoices into accounting system/accounts payable
• Maintain subsidiary accounts by entering and posting transactions.
• Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
• Maintains general ledger accuracy.
• Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance and reconciling entries.
• Maintains historical records by filing documents.
• Files business, sales, and property taxes with relevant authorities.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
• Contributes to team effort by completing other tasks as needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Associate’s degree in accounting, finance or business an advantage, but not required
• Knowledge of bookkeeping practices
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures
• working knowledge of relevant computer applications
• Knowledge of data management and financial data analysis
• Netsuite experience an advantage
• Consistently and efficiently produce accurate work
• Demonstrated proficiency using productivity software and technologies
• Provide ongoing support through problem solving, analyzing challenges, providing solutions and completing tasks in a timely manner
• Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to all employees
• Demonstrates a willingness to accept change and new approaches, including additional responsibilities
• Sets work plans and considers priorities for completing assignments in order to meet deadlines
• Maintains a collaborative, team relationship with all departments in order to effectively contribute to the group’s achievement of goals and to help foster a positive work environment