Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability- TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact- TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment- The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards- TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
This position is for a high achieving MA who can work across both role and geographic boundaries. Our TOA Medical Assistant and Clinic Operations Specialist is at the very front of our patient care in the daily operation of our clinics. This role plays a part with both our clinicians and clinic operations where the responsibilities might include:
- Provide exceptional patient care, including the rooming of patients, and escorting patients to/from ancillary services as necessary
- Obtain patient medical histories, obtain chief complaints, take vital signs, and prepare patients for examination and treatment.
- Review patient charts and files for completeness
- Respond to patient or payor phone calls
- Fill prescriptions
- Reconcile Medication lists for accuracy
- Update chart information before Physician sees patient
- Work with other nurses on intake forms
- Greet patients in a professional and engaging manner
- Check in and check out duties to ensure clinic runs on time
- Update insurance information for timely charge posting