The Safety and Recruiting Manager is responsible for providing safety leadership, ensuring facility compliance with company safety standards, implementing safety directives, improving safety performance, and ensuring safety policies and procedures are enforced. The Safety and Recruiting Manager will also be responsible for recruiting
You'll be Responsible for (but not limited to):
- Recruiting EMT, Paramedics, and EMT students. Attend EMT and Paramedic training programs to recruit newly certified personnel. In conjunction with HR, the Sales / OPS Leaders will attend job fairs and any other places where opportunity exists to recruit entry level people for EMT Trainee.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, using newsgroups and job sites.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Work with the corporate safety manager to identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce risks, raise safety awareness and improve safe work practices.
- Provide technical advice, coaching, and guidance to employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes.
- Investigate accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, implement short and long term corrective actions and preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities and light duty assignments.
- Monitor injured employee’s progress, Dr. Visits and therapy appointments.
- Organize location safety team and chair weekly safety team meetings.
- Perform safety audits and inspect facilities and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Report all injuries, MVAs, exposures and patient incidents to the corporate safety manager within twelve hours of occurrence.
- Routinely monitor employee behaviors and activities and provide retraining when appropriate.
- Ensure a quality safety orientation is provided to all employees at their division.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of internal safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain working relationship with Divisional Directors
- Function as the single source contact for safety related topics at their division.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.