Norfolk Kitchen & Bath offers its customers the full package from design & selection through complete installation of their kitchen and bath projects. We take pride in the service we provide to our customers and believe this factor gives us a competitive edge over our competition. Our installation team is a group of skilled tradespeople who bring to their jobs this same level of pride and customer service mentality.
The Lead Carpenter role is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely completion of installation services and remodeling contracts for Norfolk customers. The Lead Carpenter will be the point person on assigned job sites and work with the Project Managers to ensure the projects are completed on schedule and budget by maintaining daily and project activity logs. This role will work along a junior level carpenter and serve as the lead and mentor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Overall responsibility for the on-site management of installation and to ensure customer satisfaction through pro-active communication
• Discuss & review with Project Manager upcoming assigned jobs to become familiar with scope of work, required materials, assigned subcontractors, overall schedule and job location
• Verify the plans on-site for each job prior to removing or installing any materials
• Plan and adjust your schedule each day based on planned scope and job location. Complete the scope of work to its fullest potential every day to avoid unnecessary additional site trips
• Communicate any and all potential site issues to the Project Manager at any phase of the project
• Document any change orders and contact the Project Manager for cost approval prior to completing any additional scope
• Document an accurate punch list at the completion of each job and complete a walk-through with each customer for their sign-off
• Document labor hours and description of work at the end of each day to ensure accuracy in labor billing
• Replenish truck supplies each week with all required consumable materials to avoid avoidable trips to supply yards during normal job hours
• Perform standard maintenance to your assigned vehicle daily such as oil and coolant levels, etc. Check for burned out bulbs and replace as needed. Report major problems requiring professional repair.
• Adhere to OSHA and company safety standards and maintain a clean, safe work-site
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Able to read floor plans and elevation details
• Keen accuracy for details including measurements
• High level of professionalism to be able to interact with customers via in person and phone
• Focus on high level of customer service and able to resolve job issues in the field
• Demonstrated ability to use power tools and perform work in a safe manner at all times
• Strong interpersonal, organization, and communication skills
• Project management skills and ability to lead others to complete tasks
• Basic computer application and smart phone skills
• Valid driver’s license and clean RMV
5+ years residential carpentry experience, preferable in remodeling
• Experience installing cabinets of various types, including standard, frameless and inset as well as crown molding
• 3+ years of finish carpentry experience, required
• Face to face customer service experience
• Framing and rough carpentry
• Able speak, read and comprehend English. Bi-lingual helpful.
• Able to work in various work conditions – inside, outside with varying temperatures
• Able to carry and move tools and materials needed for job completion (up to 75+ lbs. independently)
• Able to walk, stoop, climb, reach, lift regularly as a daily task
• Frequently required to climb heights over 6’
• Frequently exposed to carpentry equipment such as power saws, drills, etc
• Employee will regularly be exposed to construction materials and visit construction sites.