Vertical Knowledge is a Cleveland-based open source data technology company. Since 2007 our team has worked to create a scalable framework that provides our clients with compliant access to relevant signals within the massive amount of open source data that exists today. We're building a future where open source data can be identified, collected and leveraged to serve our clients’ AI needs.
We are seeking an experienced technical manager to lead a diverse development team. The responsibilities of a VP of Engineering include leading a team of developers and engineers, collaborating with product managers, and improving company policies and standards.
To be successful, the candidate should have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. Ultimately, a top-notch VP of Engineering will demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and a have solid foundation in software design.
This position will report to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of the company, and may be local to the Northeast Ohio area or remote in the US.
• Leading the team through management and mentorship
• Contributing to recruitment activities
• Developing standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent
• Preparing and optimizing development schedules and budgets
• Recommending technological developments and improvements on efficiency
• Developing the team to ensure quality end products
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
• Minimum 10 years of experience in software design and development
• Minimum 5 years in a supervisory or technical management role
• Strong organizational leadership skills
• Extensive experience in working with stakeholders to create hiring strategies to develop quality teams
• Experience in evaluating/hiring engineers and contributors
• Previous working experience in software design and developing customer-orientated platforms
• Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management
• Must be able to obtain/maintain US DoD Secret Clearance/US Citizen
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS & SALARY
• Company paid premiums for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
• Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions
• 401(k) retirement plan with financial planning
• Unlimited vacation days
• Flexible work schedules
• Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages (HQ)
• A casual work environment and dog friendly office (HQ)
Vertical Knowledge LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. VK is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. VK will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodations for Applying:
Applicants who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as Amended, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in Vertical Knowledge LLC application and selection processes. If you require an accommodation in applying through our online system, please send an email to Careers@vk.ai. Please note that this email address is not to be used for checking on the status of an application.