Location: Sodus, NY, Local Travel
Schedule: Monday - Friday. Must be flexible to meet current and future business needs.
Reliant Community Federal Credit union, ranked one of Rochester's top mid-sized companies three years in a row, seeks a Business Development Representative to join our Marketing team.
Our Business Development Representative will represent the credit union to businesses and the community at-large by participating in various activities designed to generate credit union growth. They'll Identify businesses, community groups, organizations, and individuals who are potential leads for new members, and they'll Foster relationships with local dealers. Additionally, they'll educate potential members of the benefits of credit union membership, promotes products and services, and increases credit union awareness.
The right candidate for this position will understand and follow the expectations of Reliant's corporate culture. Reliant offers an excellent work environment based on Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork (ART) and an exceptional benefits package, including:
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid leave time allowances
- Employee life insurance
- Access to our medical, dental, and vision plans
As a Business Development Representative at Reliant, you will:
- Identify potential new business affiliates, groups, or individuals to feed and maintain a business development lead pipeline.
- Promote and coordinate educational seminars in workplace and community settings to target and attract new members.
- Maintains effective business relationships with existing business affiliates through regular contact.
- Develops and nurture relationships with area dealers to facilitate lending opportunities for vehicles and home improvements
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities for our Business Development Representative position:
Knowledge & understanding of:
- The credit union philosophy and our products and services.
- Strong presentation skills in a variety of business, school, and community settings – formal and informal, individual, small and large group formats.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Identify and adapt to an audience to adequately communicate the features and benefits of the credit union’s products and services.
- Be persuasive and overcome objections.
- Work independently, while supporting an overall team effort in a dynamic environment.
Minimum Training & Experience for the Business Development Representative Role:
- AAS degree in marketing, business, or related field desired.
- Minimum of 2-4 years outside sales experience, maintaining a lead pipeline. Successful cold calling experience preferred. Additional sales experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
- Minimum of two years of retail or banking experience desired.
Physical Requirements include the ability to:
- Use keyboard, monitor, telephone, and other standard office equipment.
- Communicate effectively in person and via telephone, email, and written documents.
- Decipher and analyze data in documents, reports, spreadsheets, etc., presented both on paper and electronically.
- Lift and move objects up to 20 pounds.
- Drive extensively within the credit union’s service area, with a valid NY State driver’s license.
- Work a flexible work schedule, which may require early mornings, late evenings, and/or weekends.
- Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Candidates considered for hire are subject to credit and other employment reference checks.
Reliant Community Federal Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, AA Disability/Veteran. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department via phone at 800-724-9282 or email at email@example.com.