Bizzell Global, a division of The Bizzell Group LLC (Bizzell), a management consulting firm with a fast-growing international development portfolio that specializes in monitoring, evaluation, and learning; global health; youth, and economic development is seeking an experienced Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID/Democratic Republic of Congo Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity. This is a long-term position based in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo expected to start in the Spring of 2021.
- Responsible for program management activities including planning, implementation, and monitoring activities; personnel management; communications and information management; contract management; and will provide technical support as required
- Define and manage overall contract requirements to achieve this contract’s objective
- Ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables and compliance with contractual obligations and outcomes, external communication, and coordination with the client
- Ensure the effective and efficient performance of all aspects of the contract, including the provision of contract oversight, maintaining acceptable standards of quality for all assigned tasks, and expected deliverables, including overall responsibility for leading and coordinating all activities; all required reports; and for staff management and development
- Serve as the main point of contact between USAID and Bizzell Global, frequently serving as a facilitator or co-facilitator of high-level discussions and fora among USAID staff and stakeholders
- Ensure timely information on the progress and status of all activities under the contract
- Ensure compliance and integrity of contract operations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, planning, management, and presentation skills
- Strong multi-cultural, interpersonal, and supervision skills
- Collaborative, professional credentials to be able to establish close, trustful relations for pursuing earnest organizational learning with, particularly USAID/country office’s American and country National senior professional staff and leadership, including the Mission Director’s Office
- Fluency in English and French, written and verbal
- Master’s degree or higher in business administration, international development, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, or related field
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in managing USAID projects; the previous chief of party experience and work experience in conflict-affected communities strongly preferred
- At least five (5) years of experience working in monitoring, evaluation, and learning; previous Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) experience, including a working knowledge of USAID’s learning agenda a plus
- Previous experience overseeing assessments and other research, MEL plan and PMP development, remote, field-based, and third-party monitoring, performance and/or impact evaluations, and knowledge management initiatives
- Experience in facilitating strategic collaboration, ideally among multiple stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of USAID regulations and compliance requirements
- Professional experience in Africa, with knowledge of Central Africa and Democratic Republic of Congo a plus
The Bizzell Group, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Professional Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
The Bizzell Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive, and respectful work culture that values all.