The Shared Services Specialist is responsible for supporting the academic operations through shared services at Greenville University, with a primary focus on supporting the School of Education operations. The specialist will complete assigned projects and will perform various tasks, including annual reporting, data collection, working with faculty, purchasing, and other duties as assigned.
The incumbent is expected to maintain regular business hours from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday on campus, understanding that this position may benefit from flexible hours to meet the new department's unique needs.
- Responsible for a variety of academic projects in the School of Education such as Guidebook, Education Catalog, and Advisements Sheets
- Assist with course management, including but not limited to course load sheets, course scheduling, course/syllabus requirements, communication with faculty/adjuncts, course evaluations, course fees, etc.
- Prepare reports such as student enrollment, assessment, etc.
- Assist with gathering data and supporting documents for Title II reporting, ISBE Annual Report, CAEP, and PEDS
- Assist with contracts, complete payroll, on-boarding logistics for adjunct faculty
- Coordinate selection of second readers including approve payroll/payments of second readers for capstone projects
- Hire, supervise and approve timecards for student workers
- Purchase and keep inventory (textbooks, technology, equipment, and office supplies)
- Assist faculty with textbook adoption and eCampus tasks
- Assist with specific partnership program tasks such as scheduling of off-campus sites hire adjuncts, set up IT services, and process billing (UTEP & MAE)
- Take and keep records of meeting minute notes for Council on Teacher Education (COTE)Distribute and track test vouchers, SOE applications, and student-teacher applications
- • Write, edit, build and publish a range of communications directed to students and faculty regarding projects via email, web, print, and social media
- Ensure project activities are adequately documented. The documentation will clearly define actions, the sequence of events, work effort, duration, and associated resource requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor, a Masters, preferred
- 2-3 years School of Education experience preferred or experience related to working with educators, educational programs, or administrative support
- Exceptional computer skills using Microsoft Office applications and adobe connect meeting technology.
- Expert written/oral communication skills; ability to interact with tact and diplomacy; ability to manage many simultaneous projects/details; Attention to detail; Ability to prioritize; Organizational and planning skills; Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently in a higher education environment with minimal supervision
- Sense of humor, optimism, commitment to inclusion, ability to collaborate with and work across departments
Greenville University's Mission:
Greenville University is liberal arts University that empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies. Our hiring practices reflect our commitment to be a Christ-centered institution.
Greenville University's Commitment to Diversity:
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Greenville University is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville University was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.