The Corporate Senior Financial Analyst is a key contributor to the financial planning, consolidation and analysis function within the Corporate finance team. The Sr. Financial Analyst reports to the Corporate Controller and supports the monthly financial close/consolidation process, provides financial decision support for commercial, operations and supply chain functions and provides various internal and external reporting from Hyperion (smartview). This role is also responsible for sales & use tax compliance, performs periodic balance sheet reviews for remote locations and has frequent interaction with business unit accounting teams, treasury department and corporate accounting function.
The Corporate Senior Financial Analyst is involved in many cross departmental and strategic initiatives of the Company and therefore must be able to accurately and quickly analyze situations/opportunities, be detail oriented and hands-on in their approach. The successful candidate will be self motivated and have strong problem solving and interpersonal skills. This individual must be able to manage several projects simultaneously, effectively communicate with external vendors/suppliers and internal customers (including finance controllers, IT, treasury, HR and other individuals) and have thorough knowledge of US GAAP.
Business Partner Support (primary focus):
- Develop quality analysis to help drive business decision making including trends in sales and operating costs (including but not limited to customer revenue & profitability, location profitability/productivity, orders and backlog, sales by market and financial tracking of key business projects).
- Operations & Sourcing - Prepare monthly operations financial data (inventory statistics, SQDC (safety, quality, delivery and cost) metrics, productivity initiative tracking). Proactively work with Operations & Supply Chain teams to understand variances to financial plan and prior year. Drive, track and monitor performance against productivity targets.
- Commercial – Financial support of sales incentive performance, consolidation of semi-annual strategic sales plans, detailed analysis on customer trends, top customer reporting. Also, assist in data collection and preparation of business cases to support investments.
Financial Analysis & Planning:
- Assist Corporate FP&A team in monthly financial close process (consolidation, elimination entries and reporting).
- Serve as back-up administrator/subject matter expert for Hyperion HFM application.
- Perform various financial analyses, including monthly income statement and balance sheet variance analysis.
- Prepare and communicate required journal entries for legal entity reorganizations, intercompany dividends and intercompany financing/capitalization activities.
Other Financial Support:
- Work with third party accounting firm to ensure sales & use tax compliance and coordinate data requests with finance team.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual financial plan and support annual financial audit.
- Perform balance sheet reviews for subsidiaries to ensure compliance with established finance policies and USGAAP.