Dyehard Fan Supply, part of the Teall Capital family is a start-up entity specializing in providing Retail Merchandise sales at sporting and entertainment events for its clients. Dyehard is growing rapidly from a combination of acquisitions as well as organic growth through acquisition of new clients.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the ongoing accounting operations and general ledger. Under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Accounting Manager directs and coordinates the daily activities of the accounting staff to quickly and accurately record the revenues, expenditures, assets, and liabilities of the company.
- Oversee the ongoing operations of the accounting department including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and inventory.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversee cash management at various sites and events.
- Maintain and apply for sales tax registrations across various states, and act as the liaison with the 3rd party sales tax filing firm.
- Provide guidance, support, and development opportunities to direct reports.
- Observe, analyze, and recommend process improvements through leveraging new technology and reducing inefficiencies.
- Become a power user in the ERP and other financial systems in order to provide training and troubleshooting support to the accounting staff.
- Enforce adherence to new workflows related to accounting across multiple functional areas within the company.
- Create and maintain a listing of standard operating procedures for use within the accounting organization as well as contribute to the creation of other similar documents within other operating segments as they affect the accounting department.
- Ensure timely and accurate filings with external parties as appropriate including 1099’s and other regulatory entities as assigned.
- Act as main point of contact for accounting across multiple properties.
- Work closely with financial analyst to provide data for use in modeling and results driven analyses.
- Assist in any future acquisitions.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.