Schumacher Homes is an award-winning company which strives to be the best on your lot custom homebuilder providing the ultimate customer experience with accountability and profitability. We are the recipient of the National Housing Quality Award for excellence in construction standards and customer satisfaction and the recipient of the National Gold Winning Home of the Year recognized by the National Association of Home Builders. In addition, Schumacher Homes most recently achieved the national Top Workplace 2021 award.
Quite simply, no one builds a better home. Apply today to join our outstanding team.
Schumacher Homes Operations Inc. located at 2715 Wise Avenue, NW Canton, Ohio is currently seeking an experienced Estimator to join our team. The Estimator uses expertise from working in the industry along with construction plans to estimate necessary expenditures and create a budget. Estimator must meet the minimum estimate production numbers.
• Prepares estimates by analyzing proposals and requirements.
• Accuracy of estimates must fall within company variance percentages.
• Prepares work to be estimated by gathering contract, blueprints, specifications and related documents.
• Identifies and computes labor, material and time requirements by analyzing contract, blueprints, specifications and related documents.
• Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
• Submits prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
• Processes change orders as required.
• Researches and follows up with variance purchase orders as needed.
• Works closely with assigned offices and participates in weekly huddle calls with assigned offices.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
• 2-4 years of experience in custom homebuilding estimating (preferred).
• Must have strong math and science skills as well as excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must be self-motivated and punctual.
• Must be proficient in data entry.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
• Knowledge of how to read and comprehend blueprints.
• Knowledge of the workings of plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems.
• Good interpersonal skills, including excellent written/verbal skills.
• Experience using estimating software (i.e. Timberline, SoftPlan) is preferred.
• Must be able to work effectively as a member of a team.