Alliance for Better Health (Alliance) promotes and fosters a remote work environment built upon resiliency, trust, and steadfast commitment to our mission of making communities healthier. Forward-thinking creativity and diverse experiences are highly valued. As an Albany Business Review’s 2019 Best Places to Work, we prioritize empowering our team to do their best work toward better health for all.
The purpose of the Performance Consultant role will be to work directly with network partners to ensure successful implementation and execution of terms identified in Alliance contracts. Performance Consultants will be responsible for managing partners’ participation and performance through on-site and remote communication. Performance Consultants will hold monthly on-site visits to conduct partner risk and needs assessments and provide strategic development of plans aligning partner performance with successful implementation of contract deliverables.
- Operate as the primary point of contact for the partner relationship
- Manage Partner Performance
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to meet partner needs and ensure positive partner experience
- Responsible for monthly on-site visits with partners and quarterly meetings with executive teams
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of Alliance solutions and services according to partner contracts
- Conduct partner risk assessments and identify any barriers that impact meeting contract deliverables and resolve/communicate, when appropriate
- Identify needs and connect to appropriate Alliance stakeholders
- Use Alliance tools and resources to inform partner communications/meetings
- Track and communicate monthly partner performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Exercise discretion and professional judgement to maintain project specific timelines and communicate project expectations and timelines with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of Medicaid and local transformation including Waiver Programs, Triple Aim, and VBP
- Embody Alliance vision, mission, and goals
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of task activities and/or duties that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education (Equivalent work experience in a related field may be considered in lieu of degree requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Significant and relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of educational experience. Degree in health or social services or related field preferred.
Professional Work Experience
- Consulting, Account Management, Health or Business Administration, social work, human service, or nursing experience preferred.
- Experience with clinical process improvement and performance improvement.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of social determinants of health, community based organizations (CBOs), clinical care settings, Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) program, and value based purchasing (VBP).
- Comfortable with preparing and presenting proposals, reports, updates, data, summaries, etc.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Able to travel in and around the Capital Region area, as needed
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining focus on key goals
- Ability to perform in team-based environment with dedication to support co-workers
- Excellent organizational skills, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently to manage multiple projects and activities with little to no supervision
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous quality improvement techniques
- Familiarity with process mapping and workflow analysis tools
- Excellent computer skills and willingness to learn additional software applications
- Comfortable with ambiguity and frequent change as part of a start-up culture
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- LEAN experience/certification preferred
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Develops constructive working relationships with others inside and outside the organization through cooperation and mutual respect.
- Integrity and Trust: Able to earn others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Is seen as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy and is known to consistently adhere to a set of core values that are represented in decisions and actions. Maintains commitments made to others. Respects and maintains confidentiality.
- Open Communication: Fosters open communication and listens to others objectively. Shares relevant information in a timely, logical, clear, and consistent manner. Ensures information is passed on to others who should be kept informed about progress and problems; avoids surprises. Expresses oneself clearly and accurately in writing, speaking, and when interacting with others.
- Change Management: Demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve organizational goals and effectiveness. Sees opportunities for creative problem solving and innovation while staying within the parameters of best practices. Recovers quickly from setbacks, adapts approach to achieve solutions in dynamic situations.
- Organizational Focus: Maintains focus and commitment to the mission, values, and business strategies to find solutions that best serve the long-term vision of the organization. Maintains a commitment to goals and focuses on results and desired outcomes in the face of obstacles and frustrations.
- Self-Management: Able to self-evaluate to proactively and continuously improve one’s own behavior and performance. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight. Conducts oneself with confidence, flexibility, and personal credibility.
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; there are no special physical demands.
This job function involves potential access and interaction with protected health information. Position will be required to abide by Alliance policies and procedures that support federal, state, and local HIPAA regulations. Any violations will be subject Alliance’s sanctioning policy which includes disciplinary actions up to and including separation of employment.