As an Accounting Clerk you will be responsible for full charge accounting with an emphasis in Accounts Payable and Data Entry including but not limited to general administrative tasks.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
• Coding, data entry, and processing of Accounts Payable and Receivable and Assets management
• Understand, articulate, interpret, and perform full charge accounting functions
• Assist in the preparation of journal entries, accounts reconciliations
• Ability to research and solve/resolve reconciliation issues, understand how to scrub and interpret data within large volumes of system-generated accounting transactions
• Participate in the monthly close and reporting process
• Vendor and Employee relationship management and effectively collaborate with billing, facilities, IT, marketing, and Leadership
• Understand and backup payroll administration duties
• Share in assorted clerical and general office duties, which includes electronic and paper filing
• Assist with insurance (COI) management and tracking, collections, and administrative work as requested
• Complete projects and special assignments as requested
• Backup receptionist duties occasionally
• Proficient with Adobe, Microsoft 365, Excel, Word, Outlook and other applications
• Must ensure personal responsibility to complete quality work within budgets and timelines
• Must be able to work on-site in a clean and safe professional essential business located in Newport Beach, CA.
• Occasional travel to San Diego office may be required
• Respond timely to inquiries and requests while maintaining a positive attitude for internal and external clients and consultants
• Must be able to work overtime when needed
• DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE
• 5 plus years’ experience in similar position and/or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or related field of study
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, proactive, and professional
• Demonstrated strength in analysis, communication, and reporting through financial software and Excel
• Demonstrated strength in customer service.
• Familiarity with industry support for Architecture, Engineering, Construction or similar professional service industries
• Experience with Deltek Ajera or similar ERP software
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated organizational skills and understanding of business process
• Ability to work quickly, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadline
As a member of HPI’s team, you will be part of a firm that prioritizes collaboration. Relationships are the heart of our firm, those we have developed over 40 years with our repeat clients as well as those we have cemented internally with each other.
We listen, communicate, and create. Our process encourages our clients and the design team to work together to find tailored solutions that fit the needs of our clients. This interactive design process is the foundation of our philosophy and approach, resulting in design excellence by our clients’ definition.
Our Newport Beach headquarters is located 25 steps to the sand. Our team in San Diego will be growing into a new dynamic work space soon. Team members in both locations have always worked seamlessly together. Our technologies allow us to continue collaborating and communicating through the current pandemic and will allow us to shape our future as a growing, collaborative, innovative, fast paced team.
At HPI, we are committed to creating long-term career opportunities in a stimulating environment that encourages teamwork, leadership, and mentorship.
Since our inception in 1975, HPI has been committed to cultivating a social and professional culture in which all employees are empowered to learn, interact, grow, and enjoy. We strive to provide a positive, challenging work environment that fosters both professional and personal growth for all employees.
We are committed to delivering the highest level of client service while encouraging our team members to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include health, dental, life and other insurance. We offer a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid time off, competitive pay commensurate with your experience, and bonus opportunities.