For over 40 years Bellwether Housing has been Seattle's largest, and most respected, non-profit organization, providing affordable housing for low-income individuals and families. Bellwether Housing offers an uplifting work environment with a diverse group of talented professionals who are committed to our mission and values of creativity, collaboration, ambition, warm-heartedness, and professionalism.
• Clean building common areas and grounds.
• Clean and prepare apartment units for rental.
• Complete routine general maintenance requests in building and apartment units.
• Report parts used from inventory to complete maintenance work.
• Assist site staff and other maintenance staff, responding to seasonal conditions such as clearing snow, ice, or leaves to maintain safe walkways.
• Attend scheduled team meetings.
• Assist the site staff in completing routine inspections in apartment units.
• Refer resident concerns to the appropriate staff.
• Provide residents with a safe, positive, and sanitary environment.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
• Ability to work safely in all weather conditions.
• Commitment to the mission, vision, and diversity statement of the organization.
• Ability to bend, reach, or stoop to complete work assignments, as required.
• The physical strength, agility, and coordination required to safely handle cleaning tools and basic hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, snow shovels, etc.
• One year of prior custodial experience in a residential setting, or two years’ custodial experience in a public or private facility.
• Ability to complete strenuous work.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Willingness and aptitude to learn basic maintenance skills.
• Able to safely operate power tools and other maintenance equipment such as ladders, drills, pressure washers, etc.
Other Position Requirements:
• Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
• Have reliable transportation to assigned work location and, during shift, be able to reach other building locations in the Seattle area, using personal or public transportation.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 20-40 hours per week, flexible work schedule.
Compensation: $18.63 per hour DOE
Benefits: upon meeting eligibility requirements.
Bellwether Housing is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, including the diversity of thought. We consider all applicants without regard to education, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, skills, and level of experience and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.