Pelletron, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is the global leading supplier for dust removal systems for plastic processors and plastics manufacturers. Besides the plastics industry, the dedusting technology is also used in the food, mineral and recycling industries. In 2003, the company began to expand into the pneumatic conveying field and developed a new pressure conveying process, trade named pellcon3®. Pelletron has a wide range of pneumatic conveying components such as rotary valves, diverter valves and shut-off valves, specially designed for conveying of pellets and powders. The Pellbow®, a special pipe elbow, another Pelletron invention, is used in the plastics industry to prevent dust and streamers in the conveying process.
The Director of Engineering is primarily responsible for providing strategic technical leadership in planning, establishing, and directing all aspects of Pelletron’s engineering policies, objectives, initiatives, and activities. The Director of Engineering is responsible for technical direction of the company and guides Project Management of customer contracts. This position will report to the President of Pelletron located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop, implement and execute strategic engineering vision and set goals and objectives for day-to-day engineering activities;
• Evaluate new technologies and support R&D efforts;
• Ensure engineering works closely with all functions in the organization to meet Pelletron and customer requirements for cost, quality and on-time delivery.
• Maximize profitability and market acceptance;
• Understand the function and direction of competitive brands to keep Pelletron products competitive in the markets we serve;
• Get directly involved in engineering efforts for key projects;
• Define and progress product and component standardization efforts for the Pelletron Group to ensure maximum efficiency of manpower and material utilization;
• Work with minimal supervision and maximum self-motivation;
• Develop, train, and sustain a positive energy workforce in a continuous improvement environment;
• Effectively work with a team and across all departments;
• Interface with customers, suppliers, and various company departments to prevent and/or resolve quality issues.
• Directly supervise, lead and develop all engineering staff and personnel;
• Plan and manage engineering budget;
• Manage engineering workload and schedule;
• Determine staffing requirements, interview, hire, train, and develop new employees;
• Champion standard project management documentation (The Pelletron Way) and monitor/coach solid execution via individual and team review cycles internally and with customers;
• Ensure engineering staff provides customer support before, during, and after the sale;
• Provide leadership and accountability for achieving Engineering objectives in cost, quality, delivery productivity, and safety.
Qualifications and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (or related field);
• Solid knowledge and experience with SAP;
• Communication skills, leadership capabilities, and the ability to work with a team or individually;
• Strong attention to details;
• Ability to adapt to changing work environments, hours, conditions, and processes;
• Fluency in protocols, work practices and procedures required to successfully support quality and EHS elements.
The IPEG Industrial Group is a family of leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling and industrial heat transfer markets. IPEG, Inc. is a corporate entity which provides best-in-class manufacturing and business support services to its brands in order to create a competitive advantage for each of the brands to drive better solutions for customers.
At IPEG, we focus on two things: Customers and Employees. And we have a saying that if we do right by both of them, everything else takes care of itself. We have formalized this into IPEG’s Purpose: To foster excellence and inspire confidence in our customers and employees.
IPEG offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program and employee referral bonus program.
IPEG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.