The Cook Hotel is looking for a full-time Maintenance Engineer with hospitality experience to join our team! The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the maintenance of the facility, equipment, and machinery to support the highest quality customer experience at The Cook Hotel. The Maintenance Engineer will respond to guest repair requests, clean, make repairs, and complete projects as assigned. The Maintenance Engineer will also be responsible performing preventive maintenance on equipment, electricity, AC, plumbing, carpentry, painting, drywall, and appliances.
The Cook Hotel is committed to providing excellent customer service to all guests. The Maintenance Engineer must have customer service experience and work well in a collaborative team environment. Maintenance Engineers have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. This position offers competitive pay and benefits!
• Minimum of 2 years in a hospitality maintenance role
• Working knowledge of: preventative maintenance, electrical, ac, plumbing, carpentry, painting, drywall and appliances.
• Flexible schedule and availability to work evenings and weekends as needed
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Excellent customer service skills and problem solving skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Basic knowledge of workplace safety procedures
• Self-motivation and attention to detail.
• Proficient oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Must be able to bend, stoop, climb ladders, reach, carry objects, and crawl in confined areas. Must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions. Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to 50 pounds independently and 100 pounds with assistance. Must be able to "take call" during evenings and weekends. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. This position regularly requires standing for an eight hour shift.