· Prepare grantor/customer invoices and cash requests on schedule; follow-up as needed to ensure collection. Enter into the accounting system as well as record receipt of payment.
· Track budgetary obligations to prevent overspending budgetary line items as well as training agreements and similar contractual commitments; collect and verify outcome documentation to support invoices against Training Agreements.
· Ensure vendor and subgrantee invoices are complete, correct, and compliant with contracts, grants, and/or training agreements.
· Prepare periodically (monthly, quarterly, etc) grantor reports as required by the state, federal, county, etc regulations.
· Maintain an Accounting database via updates, creation of classes, accounts, etc, and correcting journal entries.
· Reconcile balance sheet accounts to supporting documentation, including bank accounts.
· Assist in closing the books by calculating accrued liabilities and assets, expensing asset accounts, and allocating cost pools as needed.
· Assist with the Budget process to include collecting and analyzing data, setting up and quality checking the spreadsheets, creating reports for management
· Assist with annual Audit and subgrant monitoring by creating schedules, assembling documentation, and being available to answer questions.
· Create and update budget vs actual reports for managers and explain if needed.
· Produce additional ad hoc financial reports for stakeholders as required, including close-out reports, balance sheets, schedules of expenditures by program or at the corporate level, Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards, etc.
· Monitor financial activity in an internal audit capacity and alert appropriate levels of management to inappropriate activity as needed.
· Maintain a clean work environment including sharing responsibility for common areas.
· Assist headquarters staff in hosting corporate functions.
· Model the AAWDC core values of Respect, Responsiveness, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, and Excellence.
Associate Degree in accounting or finance bachelor’s highly recommended.
Four years of related experience. Ten years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of the degree
· Experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or financial reporting is required.
· Experience with non-profit or government accounting is strongly recommended.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
· Excellent organizational skills to include the ability to prioritize work and manage deadlines successfully.
· Commitment to outstanding service delivery, teamwork, and client outcomes must be verifiable through references
· Ability to communicate effectively – writing, speaking, and listening - with a diverse client population, and internal and external partners.
· Ability to demonstrate the AAWDC mission and values in the performance of position duties.
· Ability to adapt and navigate in a fast-paced environment committed to exceptional outcomes.
· Ability to work collaboratively with team members to ensure that performance goals are met/exceeded.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Work is performed in an open office so interruptions may be frequent; the noise level in the work environment is moderate.
· Promptness is critical to ensuring the office is open and accessible during business hours;
· This position requires a pre-employment criminal background check.