Pine Tree Camp opened its gates in 1945 as a summer camp for children with physical disabilities. Over the years, it has evolved into a place where children and adults with disabilities are able to participate in all the recreational activities for which Maine is known all year long.
The barrier-free setting, along with an amazing staff, ensure that activities like swimming, fishing, kayaking, hiking, boating and even camping in a tent under the stars are completely accessible to all.
Participating in activities that take people beyond their disability has a tremendous impact. It builds self-esteem and self-confidence. That experience coupled with meeting friends who understand and experiencing the feeling of acceptance is transformational.
Summer Dates: May 31st - August 27th (dates are flexible)
Salary: All summer salaries are stipend based on previous experience. Pine Tree Camp pays bi-weekly. All positions in the kitchen, laundry, facilities and Camp Pine Cone (our day camp) are hourly positions and start at minimum wage.
Summer Positions at Camp:
Pine Tree Camp has a unique programming that involves overnight, online, and day programming for adults and children with disabilities and their families. Working at Pine Tree Camp offers the unique position of being able to customize your experience with us. Need an internship or practicum work? We can do that. Apply today for the summer of a lifetime!
Support Staff: Help with the day-to-day oversight of the camp program.
Dining Hall Assistants
Direct Care and Activity Staff: Work directly with the campers to provide support in the areas of personal, emotional, and recreational needs as well as facilitate various activities.
Overnight Program Leader
Waterfront Program Leader
Boating Program Leader
Barn Program Leader
• Full job descriptions available upon request.
• Completed at least one year of college or comparable experience for counselor or program staff positions.
• Enthusiasm for working with people with disabilities
• Previous work history—preferably in a related field
• Willingness to learn and provide assistance with personal care and hygiene
• Ability and willingness to live in close quarters with others
• Demonstrated communication skills
• Sustained personal energy
• Ability to multi-task
• An ability to make decisions
• Physical capacity to perform duties associated with the role
• If you are applying for a counseling and program staff positions, you must be 18 years or older.