Provides support for the day-to-day operations of the Former Student Programs Office to connect Aggies to resources that meet their needs and expectations.
Assists in the planning, operations, and follow-up of Class Reunions. Specific duties include:
- Communicates with vendors to identify and coordinate resources required to plan and deliver events.
- Collects and processes registration forms and fees.
- Communicates address updates received through registration forms to Records Department.
- Produces nametags, rosters, and other reunion materials.
- On-site event support for reunion.
- Fosters and strengthens of relationships with former students.
- Maintains Class Reunion files.
- Collaborates with Web and Communications teams to promote reunions online and in Association publications.
Assists in the compiling and production of Class communications resources and newsletters. Specific duties include:
- Helps familiarize Class Agents with communications resources at their disposal.
- Solicits, processes, and communicates information from Classmates to the Class Agents to be shared with their respective Classes through social media and newsletters.
- Edits content for grammatical and biographical errors.
- Proofs layout and design.
- Tracks production schedule of newsletters.
- Communicates with Class Agents on newsletter status.
Provides support to Club Programs and Young Alumni activities. Specific duties may include:
- Maintains Club related files.
- Assists with Muster and Club communications, Aggie Entrepreneurship Saturday files, and 12 Under 12 Alumni Spotlight.
- Occasional on-site event support.
Provides general support to the activities of the Former Student Programs area. Specific duties may include, but not limited to:
- Communicates with Class Agents and club officers by phone, fax, email, or in person to familiarize them with resources to connect and engage their respective constituencies.
- Provides general clerical (copying, filing and faxing) and scheduling support for Former Student Programs.
- Coordinates intern and student worker schedules.
- Coordinates Class, Club, Constituent Network, and Young Alumni e-communications with Association IT personnel and volunteers.
- Assists as needed with Travel, Constituent Networks, and Young Alumni Program events and activities.
- Attends and participates in Former Student Programs volunteer committee meetings.
- Compiles quarterly Class and daily Silver Taps reports.
- Acts as a secondary supervisor to student assistants.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve donor growth goal of 100K by 2020.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council Meetings.
- Participation on internal event and task committees.
- Participation in Association events including, but not limited to, All-Aggie Grad Party, Ring Delivery, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala and Game Day events, as needed.
- Represents The Association as needed at events.
Acts as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M. Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: Director of Former Student Programs.
Required: High school graduate or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M University.
Required: Entry level position.
Preferred: 1-2 years of relevant experience.
Required: Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. Frequent use of computer.
Required: Computer skills required. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Strong communication and people skills. Very organized, outgoing, and creative individual.
Preferred: Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop and Illustrator.
This position will start January 2021.