World Centric is a highly mission driven company that seeks to have a meaningful impact on people and planet through our compostable products and the donation of 25% of profits to the most vulnerable in the world. If you decide that the role below could be a great fit for you, please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your interest in working for World Centric. For more information on working and life at World Centric, please visit our website .
The Territory Sales Manager role is responsible for growing sales in the Carolinas markets by selling and servicing large operators, chains, and distributors. The role requires “owning the operator”; identifying high value targets, penetrating to access key decision makers, making effective oral and written presentations, establishing rapport, building effective relationships, and closing the sale with operator segments to include Colleges & Universities (C&U), Quick Serve Restaurants chains (QSR), Fast Casual Restaurant chains (FCR), Healthcare, Business and Industry (B&I), and Lodging.
Additionally, this individual is responsible to penetrate and successfully sell the breadth of our line to both specialty paper/packaging distributors and food broadline distributors. This requires effectively working with buyers, sales managers, distributor sales reps and VP level leaders.
The role requires a self-starter, an entrepreneurial mindset, one that owns their business, is able to effectively identify targets and plan their time, work and travel. Additionally, the World Centric mission is “To Be of Service to People and Planet”, as such this person should exhibit a passion and commitment to making a positive impact for environmental and social change in the world.
- Demonstrate a humble, consultative, educational approach.
- Make effective, fact-based presentations. Avoid embellishing.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish rapport and influence others, both externally and internally at all levels.
- Effectively research and plan targeted accounts. Create a market plan for execution..
- Drive new product placements with existing customers, both operators, chains and distributors, and sell new accounts.
- Offer outstanding service and support to existing customers, which entails education, training, order fulfillment, quality control and accounts receivable.
- Work well with all internal stakeholders to include your Account Manager partner, RSM’s, Forecasting/Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance, Product Development and leadership.
- Effectively train, support and work with broker reps as applicable. Support them in account presentations, offer expertise, empower and enable them for success.
- Set goals, independently track your progress, communicate results, hold self-accountable for desired results.
- Provide accurate demand forecasting in Netsuite by following up on leads, creating opportunities, moving them through stage gate to resolution. When Closed/Won, provide accurate case volume projections and timing.
- Utilize NetSuite CRM tool to create and update customer records and correspondences, tasks and sales related activities.
- Monitor and stay abreast of territory conditions and competitive intelligence. Effectively communicate findings across the organization.
- Support industry and customer events (e.g. trade-shows, conferences, sales meetings)
- Support RSM’s in their regions as requested.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ sales experience with demonstrated success in territory/regional sales.
- Experience in the foodservice industry with large operators, chains and distributors. Experience selling disposable packaging is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to establish rapport, trust and strong business relationships, at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to provide detailed, accurate, thorough information
- Ability to learn quickly, demonstrate product and customer knowledge
- Experience with CRM, leads/sales management systems.
- Strong computer and systems skills, demonstrate engagement
Must be open and flexible to travel within the Carolinas - expected 4 + days/week
Use of personal vehicle (expense reimbursement offered), driver's license and insurance required
World Centric welcomes applicants from all backgrounds and aims to find the people who not only meet the requirements of the job but also contribute to the culture in a way that recognizes our efforts towards the overall wellbeing of people and planet.