The Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America (BRCA) is committed to following our mission that harkens back the first patient in 1978: Healing Patients. Healing Families. Healing Lives. Our mission is important to us because it’s important to those we serve. You will help us develop and implement marketing, advertising, and communication plans to support this mission.
Connection, growth, and engagement are the essential elements of how we will measure your success. In this position, you will create and operationalize strategic plans to generate and maintain provider and patient demand in our established offices and build awareness and demand in new locations and new markets.
Building a robust digital strategy is a key need in this position. It’s not just knowing the pulse of trends in the world of technology and digital media, but understanding the lifecycle of platforms, audience and stakeholders adoption timing, and how to reach them in the most effective way. You’ll need to be a content and media strategy expert, experienced and well versed in data, analytics, and insights, mobile web, app experience, email communication strategy, SEO, project management, web design and user experience, social media, and managing vendors.
You should also have an exceptional command of brand campaigns, outreach coordination, PR, audience targeting, organic growth methods, and revenue generation. You must be able to analyze and use metrics to create data-driven marketing strategies as a core competency to this role. You will embrace and inform our business strategy and employ marketing and branding initiatives to build brand equity and drive profitable business growth and patient loyalty.
This is an opportunity to work with and through a team to help us reach more patients, closer to their communities, closer to their homes, closer to their families, and Heal Lives.
Since the first patient was treated at Doctors Hospital in Augusta, Georgia, in 1978, our physicians banded together to first create Physicians’ Multispecialty Group to provide patient care. PMG evolved into Joseph M. Still Burn Centers, Inc. (JMS), the forerunner of BRCA. And now BRCA continues to grow and partner with hospitals across the country to provide patient access to a continuum of care that supports the patient from initial injury through long-term rehabilitation, while ensuring no patient is turned away. We provide quality burn, hand, wound and reconstructive care to patients through new facilities, new partnerships and the latest advancements in care.
Four decades later BRCA is the nation’s largest burn network with more than 343 beds and 16 facilities spread over nine states including Idaho, Colorado, Texas, Nevada, South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Florida, and Virginia. Patients from nearly every state in America and more than a dozen countries have been treated by our providers. The cornerstone of the network, JMS Burn Center at Doctors Hospital in Augusta, Georgia, sits as the largest individual center in America with 92 total beds, including 36 in the Intensive Care Unit.
About the job
Marketing and Digital Strategy
• Own and drive digital strategy and execution for the company.
• Develop the brand messaging and how it evolves.
• Oversees the brand building efforts through coordination with related entities and hospital partnerships based on the approved graphics standards and style guides. Own the brand value proposition and all brand strategy work across the system.
• Oversees the development of communications and marketing materials (advertising, public relations, websites, etc.) that support the strategic marketing objectives.
• Support and provide guidance on the researching, creating, and writing of communications and presentations.
• Determines most effective and efficient in-house/outsourced marketing mix.
• Develops and leads high performing team of marketing, outreach, and community relations professionals.
• Provides direct reports and team members with clear expectations and timely performance feedback.
• Work with internal stakeholders to plan, create, and launch creative campaigns and compelling stories around BRCA announcements and initiatives
• Craft messaging and positioning in the market; conduct competitive and market analysis to determine and highlight BRCA’s key differentiators
• Lead customer-centric thinking and craft programs to meet those target markets
Business and Planning Strategy
• Tracks marketing initiatives to location volumes.
• Provides strategic leadership to drive best-in-class marketing plans.
• Determine the necessary level of media investment to achieve growth objectives; prioritize and sequence investments appropriately.
• Continuously improve effectiveness and the ROI of marketing investments.
• Promotes organizational programs and services through participation in community organizations, agencies, speaker bureaus, etc.
• Create and implement a tactical outreach plan defining initiative relating to business development to increase brand recognition and encourage referral loyalty
• Identify and present forward opportunities for growth, improved visibility, and brand recognition.
• Attend and speak at industry events to emphasize the BRCA brand
• Oversee recruitment and training of outreach team.
• Develop benchmarks and evaluation guidelines for outreach team through Salesforce and MapAnything.
Education and experience required:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field; Master’s degree preferred
• 5 + years of experience in marketing, communications, marketing research, and strategy
• 3 + years of leading and managing teams of creative professionals
• Demonstrated experience leveraging established and emerging social media platforms.
• Demonstrable experience designing and implementing digital marketing campaigns.
• Experience with consumer insights and brand strategy
Skills you must possess:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent sales and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, and MapAnything
Personal characteristics desired:
• Must be able to travel overnight to various company locations
• Comfortable with both print and digital campaign work
• Forward-looking thinker
• Patient and provider experience obsessed
• Action oriented
• Clear communicator
• Change champion
• Business acumen and financial ability (i.e., P&L management, business drivers, building new channels/growth, savvy with standard business analyses)
We offer Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/401(k), vacation and holidays.
Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.