Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability- TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact- TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment- The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards- TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
The TOA Appointment Scheduler is our patients' biggest advocate. Our appointment schedulers provide patients with top notch customer service and understand TOA physicians, locations, and services inside and out to ensure our patients are getting connected to the best care possible for each unique situation.
- Answer inbound calls from new and existing patients
- Obtain patient demographics and insurance information
- Listen actively to patient medical history such as surgical history, previous or current injuries, and recent imaging history
- Dissect pertinent details such as patient address, availability, and specialty required in order to find the most convenient and effective appointment for the patient
- Schedule patient appointments through NextGen
- Use critical thinking and your expertise within TOA guidelines to arrive at solutions for patients- even if that means finding a creative resolution
- Maneuver between multiple screens and multiple systems when documenting information and searching for physician availability
- Review online appointment requests and schedule those appointments
- Handle inbound referrals for your designated physician(s)
- Reschedule cancellations
- Respond effectively to time sensitive email communication
- Deescalate conflict independently with disgruntled patients
- Other duties as assigned