To install, service, and maintain various networking and software technologies with a strong focus in data, security (surveillance, VMS, access, etc.) and digital building technologies.
Duties and responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Install and configure new data technology such as routers, switches, servers, firewalls, software, and wireless access points
• Install software on servers pertaining to VMS, digital building, etc.
• Be an effective communicator to end users ensuring complex data technology is easy to use.
• Work together as a team with sales, project managers, dispatch, management, and other voice and data technicians/engineers to reach the common goal for the customer
• Work closely with customer IT team to ensure everything is working how they feel it should
• Upgrade/update and backup all data equipment regularly and according to each customers maintenance contract
• Take initiative to continue training in all aspects of the job as time allows
• Assist fellow technicians and share your knowledge as needed
• 2 or 4 year college degree
• Experience configuring Cisco and Extreme Networks
• Experience in Video Management Systems
• Technology savvy and ability to learn new technology quickly
• Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• Great customer service skills
• Have a basic understanding of data cabling and connections including RJ-45, wall jacks, patch panels, and fiber
• Ability to climb ladders and lift heavy equipment (up to 50 pounds)
• Any certifications on data technology such as routers, switches, servers, firewalls, and wireless access points preferred
• At least 2 years working on data technology preferred
• CCNA, CWNA, Network+, or similar preferred
You will be working in an office environment and at customer sites. Customer sites may be under construction or be fully furnished. Some work on nights and weekends will be required, due to after-hours cutovers, upgrades, or on-call support.
Some travel will also be required for out of state customers.
Ability to climb ladders and lift heavy equipment (up to 50 pounds)