The Media and Public Relations Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining the media and public relations department for the Beloit Snappers. An ideal candidate is a hardworking and creative professional who is a clear self-starter with strong writing and relationship skills.
• Fulfill media requests and attract new media coverage of the Beloit Snappers
• Act as a liaison and provide support to the media covering the Beloit Snappers, including managing press credentials
• Manage team’s online presence utilizing all major social medias to expand the team’s reach, keep fans informed with engaging content, and advance team marketing efforts
• Write and distribute periodic press releases, fact sheets and media advisories and conduct media availability with players, coaches, and staff
• Produce game programs, media guides and other team publications
• Write daily game notes, game summaries, and other daily press information including but not limited to stat packs, rosters, lineup cards during the season
• Manage SnappersBaseballs.com official team website, updating frequently to align with team marketing goals and to keep fans informed with new information and stories
• Manage news related to player transactions and maintain official team roster with the Midwest League and Major League affiliate
• Manage press box staff with daily activities and projects and ensure in-game duties are accurately completed
• Create and assist with promotional ideas and events for current and potential Snappers community relations strategies and sponsors
• Keep a comprehensive record of events and media clips that cover Snappers special events and participate on the Snappers gameday staff assisting with community relations activities
• Attend and contribute to non-baseball special events at the stadium
• Manage team signings, practices, and appearances when necessary
• Create graphic elements of team marketing and social media campaigns
• Photograph games and team events as necessary for social media and press purposes, archiving photographs and answering photo requests from media outlets
• Create the team’s annual baseball card set to be sold in the team shop
• Manage and edit inner-office e-communications and marketing materials
• Perform all other duties as requested or assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals
2. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
3. Proven success marketing on social media
4. Technically proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access)
5. Strong skills in InDesign and Photoshop
6. Proficiency in MiLB Forge platform is preferred
7. Strong teamwork skills as well as the ability to work independently and self-motivate
8. Strong time management and organizational skills
9. Strong presentation skills
10. Ability to handle multiple tasks
11. Being able to think outside the box
12. Ability to attend company events
13. Ability to work in fast-paced environment
14. Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
15. Ability to pull tarp and other manual labor duties
16. High level of integrity
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED and at least one year of experience.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours will vary to include evening and weekend work according to business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The key physical requirements of this position includes the ability to walk and stand for an extended period of time, lift up to 30 pounds, and the use of standard office equipment including computers.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.