POSITION SUMMARY: The Instructor Support Specialist will provide instructional, technical and administrative support for part-time instructors across all apprenticeship programs. This individual will provide coaching and other support for instructors to ensure high quality teaching and strong learning outcomes. The Instructor Support Specialist will also provide technical support for learning management systems, distance education, in person instruction, and classroom technology. This position will ensure that instructors have appropriate curriculum and class start information, and will monitor indicators of student progress (attendance, mid-term/final grade). This position will also coordinate and deliver professional development events and activities for instructors, both new and returning.
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide coaching, mentoring and professional development part time instructors to enhance and enrich instructors’ skills
- Visit classrooms (virtual and in-person), observes instructors, and provides feedback to improve and enhance instruction and student learning
- Assist instructors in setting goals that support improved instruction
- Monitor and regulate the reporting of attendance, student progress, and grades to ensure instructors are supporting students and that programs are compliant with data reporting
- Provide technical support for learning management systems, online course instruction, and in-person classroom technology
- Coordinate quarter curriculum delivery to instructors and students in partnership with AJAC’s Purchasing Specialist
- Respond to program and or instructor related inquiries to resolve issues, provide information, and improve student learning
- Plan, develop, and present professional development classes and workshops for instructors, lead the peer-mentor instructor program, and offer other direct professional development to instructors as needed.
- Survey instructors each quarter for availability and scheduling of upcoming courses
- Coordinate the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of new instructors in accordance with organizational policies and procedures
- Attend meetings and professional development classes to stay current with adult learning trends, practices, and research
- Gather, compile, analyze and report findings to assess quality improvements to include end of quarter instructor and student evaluations
- Prepare written materials (e.g., reports, instructions, guidelines, etc.) to communicate program information, provide written support, document progress, develop recommendations, and evaluate the program