The VP, drives the development and execution of NRF’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program. Broadens NRF’s CSR impact, identifies opportunities and the leads the development of strategic initiatives, campaigns, and educational programs which position NRF as a sustainability leader.
• Leads the creation of NRF’s sustainability program in partnership with NRF’s President and CEO, SVP, Government Relations and other key partners
• Develops a short and long-term strategy and designs a program action plan that addresses the needs of the industry and aligns with NRF’s strategic goals
• Applies experience, understanding of NRF’s membership and knowledge of the retail industry’s sustainability landscape to guide the strategic direction
• Leverages experience and industry network to identify and engage stakeholders and partners key to the program’s success, investment strategy and buildout
• Leads efforts, as needed, to secure funding to support related programs and initiatives
• Partners with internal team members and external stakeholders to create and implement sustainability programs, campaigns, resources and content in partnership with internal partners and external stakeholders
• Develops metrics to assess the viability of the program
• Manages the budget for related resources and consultants
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree requires, Master’s Degree preferred
• A minimum of fifteen years’ experience in sustainability or Corporate Social Responsibility, with at least ten years with a trade association or experience in the retail industry
• Ability to serve as the external spokesperson on sustainability issues
• Proven ability to foster learning and develop programs
• Excellent written and oral communication, with the exceptional ability to articulate the value proposition for stakeholders’ engagement
• Strategic leader with track record of designing and building solutions to complex problems for maximum benefit of myriad stakeholders
• Strategic and analytical thinking skills with the ability to analyze data to make appropriate business recommendations and help shape business strategy.
• Demonstrated partnership skills required for building and maintaining collaborative relationships with senior management, business units, partners and other stakeholders
National Retail Federation (NRF) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NRF is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. NRF will not discriminate because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, past or present military service, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal, state and local law.