Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability - TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact - TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment - The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards - TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
The Financial Counselor is an important link in the TOA revenue cycle effort. While most of our collections are through insurance companies, this role focuses on individuals who are in a "self-pay" mode. The result is a TOA employee who understands the importance of interpersonal communication and customer service in direct conversations with TOA patients and their designated representatives.
- Work the daily appointments - Open balances and print statements for front desk to collect at check-in
- Meet face to face with patients regarding balances on their account
- Explain patient benefits (Deductibles, Co-pays, & Co-insurance amounts)
- Set up payment plans
- Submit adjustment requests
- Request patient refunds
- Assist front desk with check-out
- Pre-service collections ( Surgery deposit, ESI, & High Dollar Drugs)
- Schedule patients for appointments or follow-ups
- Work the self-pay report(aging report & work log)
- Follow-up on insurance denials
- Collect patient payments
- Any additional task assigned by Site Manager or Front Desk Supervisor